• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079 Power to the Box

Bowmanvolfire

Hello Forum:

Anyone have a suggestion on how to build a power cord for running power into the box on a M1079?

We are OK with not having three phase, just need to get power to the light fixtures and the wall plugs.

Any help or guidance is appreciated!

John
Bowman VFD

snowtrac nome

I would look at the schematics and see if its a single phase 240 input to the breaker box or a 3 phase with a power transformer to step it up from 208.if its just 240 than having your electrician re arrange the box to where your lights and outlets are on one leg , 120 input. should be a simple thing to do as stated than all you need is an rv cord and storage box and a change of wiring at the military plug

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If it was me I would wire up some high efficiency led lighting to run off the 24v batts. So you dont have to have a gen running just for basic lighting. Then wire the exisiting lighting to run off a single phase gen.

buffalorunner

I would second the last. A set of 12/24V LED's run off the trucks (4, in your case AGM) batteries would be convenient and efficient. Any outing, any time the lights will work. Otherwise you will be in the dark unless you are plugged in to a 120V source. Exterior LED area lighting off the box will go a long way as well and will be a huge plus if you ever have to set up/tear down in the dark, or are hosting an event at night.

You may have a gen set with your "toter-kitchen", so having the wiring in place to use the 120 plugs will be useful as well, and running 120V power in to the box using the milspec outlet and an RV plug should be simple job for anyone with "electric" in their title.

Last edited:

deshet

M1079

My lights in the box work with the engine off. The 110v outlets don't work.I have 12 volt and 24 volt quick disconnects, never checked to see if they work yet.

My truck came with a few sets of extremely heavy military power cords. not sure if I should scrap them or whether someone on here would need them. They are the connections to the power distribution box. Can anyone think of a reason that I should keep them?

Thanks

coachgeo

....My truck came with a few sets of extremely heavy military power cords. not sure if I should scrap them or whether someone on here would need them. They are the connections to the power distribution box. Can anyone think of a reason that I should keep them?
Well there is a thread in here of someone who was desperately looking for them. Believe his truck is now the Black Rifle Coffee company truck.

Someone else will be desperately looking for them at some point as well.... so keep them.

FHIV

I removed the three phase panel and replaced it with an RV breaker panel. I then adapted the 208 plug and large power cord to a 10-2 power cord with a smaller strain relief grip. It works very well and you do not need to deal with the three phase cord.IMG_1029.jpgIMG_1017.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks