• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079 question?

Third From Texas

They are to allow for the workbenches (which were heavy enough to easily have cu the aluminum flooring. Same with the ones added to the wall. Basically for reinforcement and wall/floor protection).

It's respectable weight loss.

Now "can" it be structural? Yes and no. What will be added to the box and where? Anything installed under the box that might not require frame mounting could be hung with the right internal reinforcement. Etc, etc...

Removal is pretty easy with a manual impact (just smack it good) if you are lucky. I did have to cut one bolt head (which was fun given the bevel).

Scochran

They are to allow for the workbenches (which were heavy enough to easily have cu the aluminum flooring. Same with the ones added to the wall. Basically for reinforcement and wall/floor protection).

It's respectable weight loss.

Now "can" it be structural? Yes and no. What will be added to the box and where? Anything installed under the box that might not require frame mounting could be hung with the right internal reinforcement. Etc, etc...

Removal is pretty easy with a manual impact (just smack it good) if you are lucky. I did have to cut one bolt head (which was fun given the bevel).
Thanks a ton man, I did remove the ones on the wall today. I did have to cut one bolt and the plate fell directly into the top of my foot 🥴 but all in all I’m really happy with the removal

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks