• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079A1 Transmission Cooler

dronsen

Calling all M1079A1 owners...

Does the M1079A1 have a transmission cooler? If so, is it a single fan or double? Part number would be most helpful...Thank you!

scottmandu

AFAIK Transmission coolers are similar across the board C7-3126-3116, it is a liquid/liquid heat exchanger mounted under the radiator fan/shroud. The M1088's have an aux cooler (air-liquid) mounted behind the spare tire and the other 6X6 trucks had an aux cooler (air-liquid) mounted under the bed.

Part number for the cooler is 3-1261C for serial numbers prior to 99,999 and DB-9926 for serial number greater than 100,000

grobster

I Will have 11000 lb camper on back of 1088. Not much for this truck. The aux trans cooler should not be necessary. So the 1088 could run fine on the liquid to liquid cooler up front just like the 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

grobster

Good point. Thanks for the input. Just powering the dual rear axles is enough to warrant the aux trans cooler. So it should be remounted horizontally under the camper body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks