• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M108 restored Multifuel price?

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking at a m108 that will be restored and upgraded to a Multifuel. I am trying to find a price of what they are worth to see how much I should be spending on a truck like this. Does anyone have something like this and how much is it worth? Drive train will not be new but a pull out from another deuce.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jatonka had a nice running rust free multi fuel that had a prototype split brake system. He was asking 6K and it was advertised for several months. A fully restored one will bring much more.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I am looking at one that has been sitting for 15 years and has the gas motor in it. They are going to go through everything such as brakes, axles, the crane, newer winch cables, and put in a multifuel, transmission, and an air shift for 12,500. Paint might be extra. Is this a fair price or to high?

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is almost 100 percent rust free and has been in Arizona for who knows how long. He has two other trucks to get any parts needed to get it back to perfect.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12,500 is a bit high for a fully restored M108 from what I've seen unless it is museum quality. That being said what's it worth to you, what do you plan to use it for, and does it have a title? I've seen good looking M108s go for about 9K though they are rare.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, it does have a title. I am going to use this truck for some recoveries and to keep as a somewhat rare truck. I have always wanted a crane to be able to lift different things and thought this would make a great beginner one.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure I know where you are getting it. If so, they wanted 5K each as they sat with no work on their part 2.5 years ago. 1 of the three trucks was in a fire also.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the place, so from what you know of the trucks that is to high of a price? I am surprised he wanted five thousand compared to what he said he paid for them. Do you think the truck is worth it?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well 5K is just as it sits, converting to a multi will be a job plus they are using their parts. It is definately rust free. If you aren't in a hurry, you'll find one for less from a private party. But, for a business it's probably normal price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks