• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1081 4X4 LMTV air drop cargo truck pic and info request

pontiac62

What kinda information are you looking for?

If you looking all the specs. Google M1081. I’ve got one but don’t have any real pictures of it. Member Masspilot has some of his pictures on here. He’s currently putting a habitat box on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use parachute and gravity.

What more do you need to know?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SUPRMAN in the Northeast (CT or MA, I forget) is selling one in the classified section. There are several pictures included.

Crapgame

Joe's M1081 is still parked in my backyard. What pics do you need? Attached is the only air drop pic I have, but its the 5ton M1094 LVAD/LAPES Air Drop Truck

Attachments

Last edited:

wandering neurons

LVAD M1081 photos

IMG_3561.jpgIMG_4180.jpg

Here's a couple of photos if that'll help.
First is of my M1081 resting against a tree. I was trying to drive out of the back yard in Maryland after several weeks of rain, the truck slid down the slight slope and rested against the tree. I used the Self Recovery Winch (SRW) to extricate myself. The LMTV is very capable of getting stuck!!!
BTW, the light bar on the roof is custom, not standard equipment. Something I had laying around.
Second is of the M1081 loaded with lumber in Colorado. Buddy is going to build on a hillside, was felling trees but couldn't get them up the hill and didn't have transport for them to the mill. Again, SRW to the rescue dragging logs, and used the home-made davit crane in the back of the bed to load.

The biggest visible differences between the M1078 and M1081 (LVAD):
Detachable roof
Hinges on doors, windshield, and rear of cab to fold cab into itself
Split in middle of the windshield (regular M1078 is one piece)
Crane that is part of the spare tire lifting mechanism to remove/reinstall cab roof
In-bed parachute attachment fittings
There's a few other pieces of equipment that are mounted under the bed that's part of the airdrop/low-velocity aerial delivery (LVAD) package

The TMs also have various sections with drawings showing the various LVAD parts

Can do more pics if there's something in particular that you need. Specific corner, angle, interior, exterior, etc.

Joe's M1081 is still parked in my backyard. What pics do you need? Attached is the only air drop pic I have, but its the 5ton M1094 LVAD/LAPES Air Drop Truck

Third From Texas

Yeah, his history shows that he sort of jumps from vehicle-to-vehicle asking questions. He even PM'ed me once asking for my number, but he never called. This thread followed soon after.

/shrug

DukeNukem

Yeah, his history shows that he sort of jumps from vehicle-to-vehicle asking questions. He even PM'ed me once asking for my number, but he never called. This thread followed soon after.

/shrug
I'm still here. Other than the HMMWV I was considering but I was told it had many issues. Let's leave it at that.
The other was a compatible bed box.
Sorry to the fella I didn't call. I'm a night owl pretty much as most know do to my past job so I can't really call the middle of your night sir.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks