• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1082 Trailer Jack Handle

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I finally brought my trailer home to get all the PM's done and fix what's broken or missing. When I bought it in July it was missing the sway bar bushings (fixed that today) and missing the emergency side air hose (replaced them both today as well). The one big pain in my OCD mind was that the jack handle is missing for the tongue jack. A long screwdriver did the trick, but I would like to get an actual handle for this jack. A quick internet search revealed a big nothing, but some posts that said a common handle will fit. Well, I started looking, but there are sooooooo many of them. Has anyone found a civilian handle that works with the setup on the M1082 jack? If so, please share make/model please. I would like to order one once and be done. Thanks, and if anyone has a spare, I wouldn't mind that either.

Thanks in advance

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on how hard it is to turn the jack, a speed handle on your adapter might work great. That's what I use on smaller trailer's at least.
As long as the jack doesn't require a lot of torque.
The gears are good, I actually can turn it with a screwdriver stuck into the hole and spun with just a little effort. Obviously, a handle makes it really easy. I am working on bending a new one (as soon as these "atmospheric rivers" would quit pounding us and actually give us a few days to dry out).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks