• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 6x6 brake part

mrjeffa

Does anyone know where I can purchase this rod assembly for my m1083 6x6? I purchased the new brake air chamber this is for the rear axle drivers side, I thought it would come with it, it did not, this is the piece that goes between air chamber and the brake caliper to ingauge. Air chamber part# is
2530-01-394-8332. I can't find it online anywhere

Attachments

Ronmar

Is that part in the left hand side from inside the old chamber? A new assembly should have had it Already installed, as Taking apart an air chamber assembly to install it can be dangerous(compressed spring), unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. There are no sub/internal parts listed for the cans in the 24P manual, only the COMPLETE ready to install assembly. X24-3276J-10 is the part number from the 24p manual for the rear brake chambers that crosses to that NSN you posted.

I would send that one back where it came from as defective and try a different supplier…

Sadly, not the first time I have seen a new assembly that was missing parts...

mrjeffa

The new one came with everything, this is the piece the end fits into to the brake side, I bent the old housing, and it broke off 1/4 inch of the part that goes into the brake caliper side it has two rollers on the end. So it's the engagement part between the air canister and the brake system

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

coachgeo

The new one came with everything, this is the piece the end fits into to the brake side, I bent the old housing, and it broke off 1/4 inch of the part that goes into the brake caliper side it has two rollers on the end. So it's the engagement part between the air canister and the brake system

UPDATE- FORGET WHAT SAID BELOW. I'm an idiot. ...
dont think that new piece is correct. The two chambers on the rear axle are different part numbers.... and one you need includes the neck and internal parts. Looks like what you got is the other chamber. Maybe wrong number got put on box..... parts got box swapped.

Last edited:

Ronmar

Ok, I think I am tracking now, I couldn't see the rollers and lacked scale to see how large it was. the part on the left with the rollers is called the wedge assembly, broken and minus its spring. It rolls between two angled ramps(one seen as number 4) and force the shoes apart when the actuator pushes on it.

The canister screws into the actuator portion of what is called the spider assembly(cast backing plate with actuators that shoes are affixed to). Part 8 in this pic. I would not expect the wedge(#5 in the pic) to come with the actuator.
from the 24P:
5 PAOZZ 78500 A-2247-E-1019 .WEDGE,BRAKE EXPANDE.

IMG_3630.jpeg

RRaulston

dont think that new piece is correct. The two chambers on the rear axle are different part numbers.... and one you need includes the neck and internal parts. Looks like what you got is the other chamber. Maybe wrong number got put on box..... parts got box swapped.
I just put new diaphragms in all my rears and thought they were the same?! What is different about them? Maybe I missed something?

coachgeo

I just put new diaphragms in all my rears and thought they were the same?! What is different about them? Maybe I missed something?
diaphragms same....... othewise I am an idiot... ignore me.

did see though two part numbers (for different reason) .... one says it is for FMTV and MRAP.... and other one only for FMTV (except wrecker) ...

mrjeffa

Thank everyone for there information, took the brake canister off the matching trailer and used the internal parts matching the threads off the one I took off. New tire and no air leaks back on the road. I'm going to look into the part get the trailer back on the road. Again thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks