• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 Air pressure stop at 30 psi

acropilot

Hi All,

I am a newbie and getting my feet wet around the FMTV world.

I changed the desiccant cartridge in the Haldex Air dryer and the purge valve, since it was blowing by and wouldn't reset. Followed the directions carefully and installed new O-ring for the cartridge. Since this repair was done, when I turn on the truck the pressure on both air tanks will only build to 30 psi.

After talking to Haldex tech support, i have changed the air compressor governor and the spring loaded plungers on top of the air compressor. The pressure still only builds to 30 psi at both tanks.

I have checked for leaks all around the air dryer and everything is tight.

My next step is to check for any blockage that may be taking place within the air dryer itself. I don't want to blindly keep changing parts.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks