• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1083a1, heater fan switch

mrjeffa

Does anyone know how to remove heater cover, I need to see if I am getting power to the switch and check fan motor, circuit breaker is good, took out all screws on cover, removed small Allen head in fan knob. I cannot figure out how to get the cover past the other 3 knobs. There are no Allen head screws in the other three knobs.

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From past experience….. and not necessarily on these trucks. But as control knobs go, if it has an Allen set screw, loosen it. If a knob doesn’t have a set screw it’s friction fit and you just pry it off.

Just be gentle! They’ve been there for a long time.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just repaired a heater switch today. What Tomline said, but there is a locknut under the knobs and it helps to loosen the jam nuts first. My switch had a broken off terminal, possibly from corrosion of the ferrous terminal after heating from the voltage-dropping resistors (mounted on the back of the switch). I ground the rust off the terminal, etched it with some soldering paste, and soldered on a short pigtail to go to the wire that broke off.

My switch was moving a little when switched, the whole switch moving, which would work the wire, which broke.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks