• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 Wanted and or Needed (to move Landol with conex box)

This is really a 2 part question.

1) Does anybody have a M1088 (Running and functional) they would be interested in selling? If so, please message me and we will see if we can work out something.

2) I have a connex in a field that needs to be moved to hard ground for transport. I have access to a Landol with a winch and a normal road tractor to use once it is on hard ground, I need something like a 1088 to get the Landol to it and back out of the field. It is located between Orlando and Tampa just South of Highway 50 near Groveland, FL. Anybody have 1 in the area?

If someone has a better way to move the connex to the road rather than dragging the Landol to it I'm all ears.

This Connex has been there several years and at one point I had made a post about moving it but the logistics never came together and the permission at the destination was uncertain. I now own the destination and really want to get this thing moved as soon as practical.

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drag it out to blacktop with some kind of tractor/dozzer /loader maybe an empty or slightly loaded (for traction) dump truck !

Drag it out to blacktop with some kind of tractor/dozzer /loader maybe an empty or slightly loaded (for traction) dump truck !
It is not on my land. Property owner does not want his field all torn up. Can't just drag it.

The military has all sorts of equipment for moving things like this. I am hoping to find a member in the area with some of it that is willing to come help.

How big a connex? How about a picture?
Standard 40' sea shipping container. I can not remember if it is a high cube or not but standard 40x8 footprint. Estimated weight is 30k or less.

I have no pic of it and it is 100 miles away.

The pics posted are my personal rig. What I do every day. I post it as a sample of the fact that I have at least a basic understanding of trucks/trucking/loading.

Access to the container will not be an issue due to space, only due to very soft ground and the need to move it over about 1,000 yards of said soft ground to hard ground where it can be loaded onto the Landol or the Landol taken out to it.

I do have access to the day cab road tractor that normally pulls the landol. Potentially a large all wheel drive (6x6 or larger) could tow/assist the road tractor/landol in and out.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get someone with a tri axle dump truck ( feel sure theres a pile sitting waiting for work in front of your local rock quarry get one with a steel bed and no tailgate hyd door assist plus 4 3/8 chains hooks on both ends and back him up to the tail end of the container and raise his bed up maybe half way ! Run chain thru big eylet on bottom corner of container to top corner of bed where it hinges make small chocker loop there and take slack up on container end on chain !

Do the same on both sides of the container /truck bed he lets bed down it picks up that end of container now put either a an old mobil home axle that you cut in the center and welded a sleve in it to extend the length of the axle to get the tires on the outside of the container on each side and set the container down on axle and chain thru same eyelets on the container it will roll true enough to get the thing to black top and put the dump truck on pull end and repeat process with the dump lifting the pull end off the ground so now he can pull without dragging it thru sand pature ! Or hire you a mobil home mover will be loads easier and be done in 45 min tops they have all the little dolly axles and do this kind of stuff every day !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks