• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088A1 CTIS pressure adjustment

xomegaiv

Anybody know if its possible to adjust the CTIS on a M1088 truck. I would like to lower the pressure of the tires a little bit. The CTIS won't allow me to do that. Anyway I can adjust the settings?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
How low do you want to go? Instead of the highway setting use the next lower one xc. Not safe to drive fast with lower tire pressure though.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can always unplug the ctis and adjust pressure manually at each tire for desired pressure. Careful with running at speed with lower pressures, heats the tires up and can cause failure. Tire companies often post psi recommendations for a given weight on the tire.

Johno176

You could also replace the CTIS ecu with one from any other model. The M1088 and M1089 have the following pressure settings: Highway 81 psi, XC 54 psi, sand 32 psi, and emergency 24 psi. All other M10xx have Highway 60 psi, XC 37 psi, sand 22 psi, and emergency 16 psi.

xomegaiv

That's some excellent info guys. I really appreciate it. I think I am going to try changing the CTIS to a M1078 unit. That should make it ride a little softer. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

That's some excellent info guys. I really appreciate it. I think I am going to try changing the CTIS to a M1078 unit. That should make it ride a little softer. Thanks again

Even though they are listed different as reported by Johno some other folk have found that the CTIS control units in the various trucks they have crawled around in were actually the same units. So make sure there is for sure a different part number on the Controller Unit you look at getting compared to the one you have.

Givinup

Digging this up. Did you find any effect on replacing the CTIS ecu? I'm in the same boat with an m1088a1. With the higher gears I like to be able to cruise with the right pressure on the highway, but would love to air down to 45-55 in the city.

Do other CTIS units work with the fmtv? Ideally a programmable unit to input my own psi ranges..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

xomegaiv

Digging this up. Did you find any effect on replacing the CTIS ecu? I'm in the same boat with an m1088a1. With the higher gears I like to be able to cruise with the right pressure on the highway, but would love to air down to 45-55 in the city.

Do other CTIS units work with the fmtv? Ideally a programmable unit to input my own psi ranges..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes. If you change the CTIS to an LMTV model it will change the tire pressure. Rides much better with lower tire pressure too

MechEngrSteve

I have a M1088A1 and had the same question. What I have found so far;
A) Just swapping the controller with any MTV other than an M1089 should work but that sounds expensive an not entirely what I was looking for. I want to have pressures that are to my liking which may be different.
B) According to Spicer/Dana CTIS troubleshooting guide (AXTS-0015.pdf dtd MAR17) on page 13 under 'PC Diagnostic Test Mode' there is a 'setup' function which allows a 'technician' to 'modify parameters such as tire pressure, over-speeds, etc.' To do this, three things are needed 1) The PC software tool is discussed on page 14. It is a free piece of software (for windows PC?) available from Dana.com and is called the Dana Diagnositc Tool (DDT). 2) An interface box that is 'RP1210A compatible'. This is a USB 'converter' which connects the PC/DDT to the OBD port on the truck and is the only thing that costs money. There are a range of products on ebay (only place I checked), the least expensive of which is NEXIQ 125032 which is $175. 3) a driver for the aforementioned which is resumably supplied with the tool.

Since this interface box is something that is used by lots of other diesel and equipment manufacturers using their proprietary software, I presume it is likely on hand at your local diesel shop. Its just a race to determine if its cheaper to buy your own or pay their shop rate to do it for you. At some point in the near future, I will probably take the plunge and pursue it but at the moment, I have other priorities. I would like to hear if someone does try it however.

Steve

coachgeo

there is a thread in here where a fellow shows he has the needed software to adjust a ctis computer. Not that he has offered to change anyone else's....... but he has the ability.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks