• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088A1 missing part

Dmorris

Picked up a M1088A1 with a C7 motor and I’m having all kinds of electrical issues and missing parts one part I’m missing is a shunt that comes off the main harness from the cab going to the alternator, batteries etc and I believe it’s the source of my electrical issues anyone have any leads on where I might fight or get one?

Guyfang

Staff member
Moved your thread to the right forum. Now if this is a thread about fixing things, it is in the right spot. If you want to buy things, it needs to be in the "Parts Wanted" forum. Or you could start a "Parts Wanted" thread and keep this for your on going project.

Guyfang

Staff member
Now if this is a thread about fixing things, it is in the right spot. If you want to buy things, it needs to be in the "Parts Wanted" forum. Or you could start a "Parts Wanted" thread and keep this for your on going project.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thank you haha yes part numbers had to find the manual did not come with one I’m missing (SHUNT R11) is all I got to go on

You do not have a parts TM?

Dmorris

Thank you haha yes part numbers had to find the manual did not come with one I’m missing (SHUNT R11) is all I got to go on

No sir

no sir, I’m getting 12v to the fuse panel only no 24v. schematic shows everything leading to this shunt posted in the picture but I’m missing the shunt did not come with so I have no part number. From the

No sir only a wiring schematic, no parts book. I picked the M1088A1 up as is. The cable coming from the battery were a mess I believe I now have them wired correctly based on the wiring schematic but from the batteries the cables lead to a Shunt as seen in the image. I do not have this shunt someone clearly pulled it and it didn’t come with the M1. I’ve since tried bypassing the shunt and I’m getting power to the cab but only 12v not both 12 & 24v i think not having this shunt is screwing me up somehow.

Guyfang

Staff member
The TM you need, but is not released to the public is TM 9-2320-392-24P.
I looked at the TM for the M1088, (Basic model) and found the starter shunt.
TM 9-2320-366-24P
Figure #60
Item # 7
Page 194
Part # 12258937-1
NSN: 6625-01-169-2437

I think its what you want. But you need to look.

Ronmar

Ok, first off that pic you posted of a shunt is from an A0 schematic... as far as I am aware they did not use one on the A1's... a shunt is used to measure current flow, and on the A0 it was in the ground path. Its output only fed the STE test plug...

Battery ground should go direct to starter motor housing, with a braided strap connecting it to drivers frame rail.

Batt +12 goes thru manual disconect, remote disconect and to LBCD 12v battery terminal. Alternator 12v cable is also connected there.

Batt +24v goes thru manual and rem dusconnects and to 24v batt terminsl.on lbcd, 24v alt is connevted there also.

The 12 and 24v load terminals on the lbcd feed to.the cab...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks