• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088A1 rear brake gauge

027rdh

How’s it going fellas. I’ve pretty much done all I’ve can and used the tm. I replaced the pressure censor replaced batteries checked continuity on wires and the rear air brake gauge keeps dropping out of no where and back up. I’m suspecting there’s a bad ground but can’t seem to figure out where. If you guys have any info or have ran across this issue I would appreciate it.

Migginsbros

Have this issue on a civil MAN. I knock on the gauge it will back up but don´t want crack the lens. If it´s an elektic problem it would show incorrect but don´t drop out and backup,I think.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How’s it going fellas. I’ve pretty much done all I’ve can and used the tm. I replaced the pressure censor replaced batteries checked continuity on wires and the rear air brake gauge keeps dropping out of no where and back up. I’m suspecting there’s a bad ground but can’t seem to figure out where. If you guys have any info or have ran across this issue I would appreciate it.
Sure seems to me like you might have a grounding problem.

If the air pressure really went down to zero, you would slide to a stop when the spring brakes applied (automatically). That is what those extra chambers are made for on the rear axles.

On these trucks, the drivers may or may not roll up the windows when they park the truck. It might rain and unlike their personal vehicles - I don't see them running out to roll up the glass... On the passenger side of the truck where the co-driver sits, there is the electrical panel (fuses and circuit breakers). On the drivers side all the dash wiring. Disconnecting the batteries and cleaning every electrical contact in sight would most likely help you with this problem and a lot of others too. Electrical Contact cleaner and Anti-Ox paste and about two solid days cleaning is what needs to be done...

Ronmar

Swap front and rear gauge locations/co nections and see if the problem moves...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks