• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1089 air leak

saratoga

driver side rear front tire deflated and I hear a hiss mixed in the hydraulics. any ideas what this could be?

When i first got it home mechanic mentioned leak around fuse panel on dash. He told me to engage transmission before releasing brakes and I thought this was the issue since i usually forget. He has since transferred and I'm trying to move close to shop to get the crane going. Only was able to get 1 winch

Attachments

Ronmar

Well tire deflated could be a bad wheel valve... I dont understand what exactly you mean by “hiss mixed in the hydraulics”...

well that second pic shows an air hose with a fitting just hanging free below the power dist panel. Looks like a line that would run to either the fan control or axle control solenoid valves that are mounted up beside the flasher and appear to be missing on your vehicle, but I may just not be able to see them from the angle the pic was taken at.

Last edited:

Dock Rocker

If there is a leaking wheel valve and there is water in the tire that may be your “hydraulic “ sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronmar

Oh, whats the temperature? Could the brakes just be frozen? Ice forming in a wheel valve could also possibly make one leak...

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If the ctis tries to do its thing and you have a regular bolt going into the hub where a banjo bolt belongs it can cause a flat tire on that wheel.

saratoga

the hiss is coming from the area between the rear front tires. theres a pile of hydraulic's mixed in there, thats what i meant.
Ive walked around a few times since the parking and e brake wont build pressure and its the only area that makes an air compressor sound and both rear front tires are low/flat. tried to capture hiss sound in the first posting video

local mechanic is active and took off. worked fine before this
i just figured there was some valve stuck open that i wasnt seeing in tm.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Get your soapy water bottle out and start spraying fittings and lines and see what's leaking. About the best first step for diagnostics on an air leak besides check the obvious that drains are closed fully

Use a remote air compressor to charge the tanks so that the truck isnt running and you can detect the leak better by noise

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That line under dash is air line going to fan or interlock axel and the solenoids look gone to me.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tractor protection valve could be leaking it's in that area.
And won't build air well and will dump it quickly if that diaphragm is bad in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks