• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1089 FMTV wrecker - hydraulic problem - PTO engadges but no hydraulic function

SnowCountry

Looking for any advice on a path to trouble shoot a M1089 Wrecker hydraulic issue. PTO engages fine, looks as if it flows to by pass, but no hydraulic operation at winch, stinger or crane. Crane troubleshoot light blinks but not as if it is sending a fault code... Truck has been stored for awhile but I would have thought one of the systems would work... Manual I have is not much of a help-> any ideas / direction would be greatly appreciated.

Ronmar

Me too maybe, Coffey only gave me an A0 hydraulic schematic:) In the end hydraulics are hydraulics and the system may not have changed all that much from A0 to A1.

Do you have any pics of the hydraulic control panels? That will show how different they possibly are... when you say nothing works, does that include the self recovery winch?

You say it sounds like it is bypassing? Like it is under load and relieving thru a safety relief? The A0 shows multiple pump stages feeding multiple destinations, so something should work if the PTO is engaging the pump The A0 schematics show manual supply and return valves, probably near the reservoir. If you have these, Are they open?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have to be open. I accidentally left mine close started truck and hit pto pump it killed my truck instantly.

Ronmar

They have to be open. I accidentally left mine close started truck and hit pto pump it killed my truck instantly.
Was wondering about that when I looked at the drawing. If built like that, thats a really bad design. There should be no way to deadhead a pump, accidentally or otherwise. Dead-headed hydraulics blow lines, fracture pumps and sometimes damage drive systems/gears...

SnowCountry

Was wondering about that when I looked at the drawing. If built like that, thats a really bad design. There should be no way to deadhead a pump, accidentally or otherwise. Dead-headed hydraulics blow lines, fracture pumps and sometimes damage drive systems/gears...
We are getting a few different codes, but have no way to trouble shoot them -

• [*=1]On the crane - With remote unplugged we get 2,3,80. With remote plugged in we get 1,80.
    [*=1]On another control box that has the following codes 3,4,5,12.

Any idea where to find a decoder sheet for any codes?

cc

Ronmar

We are getting a few different codes, but have no way to trouble shoot them -

• [*=1]On the crane - With remote unplugged we get 2,3,80. With remote plugged in we get 1,80.
    [*=1]On another control box that has the following codes 3,4,5,12.

Any idea where to find a decoder sheet for any codes?

cc
yea, Im sorry, I am not going to be much help with codes. Got any nearby army or guard units who run these? A phone call into the motor pool and an explanation of your situation(they are selling the trucks, but haven't released the tech pubs yet), might lead to someone taking pity on you and looking up your codes...

Good Luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks