• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 before, now transformed into a m-35a2+

wildbilly1760

Here are before and after shots of my deuce. I have had it a little over a year now. Been tinkering on it for a while, and I am pretty happy with the results. My 2 boys are 5 and 6 years old. We love taking rides together, other than not being able to hear what we say, but usually I can tell they are happy by thier smiles. Next plan is to turn the 109 box into a towable camper from an old deuce frame and bogies maybe.

Attachments

Last edited:

BobM

I looked at the pics before reading all your post and was wondering if it was the same truck! Looks like you did a lot of quality work on it.
:beer:

wildbilly1760

Thanks, I get all my ideas and inpiration from this web site. Of course there is always lots more to do. I made a step there between the bumper and fender. I saw the idea on here. Then eventually found two old jerry can holders at the junkyard. Some old jerry cans, they are actually water cans. Mounted them, then found some jerry can straps at a swap meet...... It is a never ending search for ideas and projects...

now I wish I had time to fix up the house like the wife wants...lol

Last edited:

ARYankee

I'm wanting to do the opposite.... go from cargo to box. Was there any modification needed? I am assuming that I should be able to remove the cargo bed and then set the box in place. Any suggestions would be great!

wildbilly1760

I used a boom crane from work to do the lifting. Removed the mud flaps and tool rack from the 109 box. I needed them for on the cargo bed anyhow. Then when it is up, there isnt much stuff hanging down to get in the way. The 109 box has all the same mounting points. You have to remove ther trailer plug, and keep it out of the way until its time to put it on your new box, or bed. I just set it inside the frame rail. The 109 box has a hot wire 24 volt to run the intereior lights that will need connected. Pretty easy swap. Good luck with yours.

3dAngus

It seems, just from a cursory look mind you, the M109 box and the M1061 trailer are a perfect match. 14'X8' for a ready drop on. The M1061 is rated to carry 10,000 lbs, which is more than enough, and has some of the best landing legs on all 4 corners you'll find anywhere. If anyone knows anything more about this please let us all know your thoughts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks