• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Box Heater?

JB

Is this the heater for the 109 box or some type of special artic kit? It has a fuel inlet on top and exhaust on bottom. I found this in our barn this weekend with some other duece arctic parts. It looks a lot like one I have for my M38A1 but the NSN and inspection are out of the date range for it. Thanks

Attachments

usmc81301

It is an arctic kit that burns fuel to heat the coolant and circulates it around to keep the engine warm. Should work on any military vehicle.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That is a coolant heater, for the fluid that keeps your motor cool. It is very nice to have in the winter months.

JB

Thanks for the replies. I had posted this on the "G" as well I had a feeling that it may be part of another kit. There are a few more crates that I will try to get to next weekend. Fortunately it does not get cold enough around here for those, save one or two days in the year.

Thanks again all.

area52

Thanks for the replies. I had posted this on the "G" as well I had a feeling that it may be part of another kit. There are a few more crates that I will try to get to next weekend. Fortunately it does not get cold enough around here for those, save one or two days in the year.

Thanks again all.

Let me know if you want to let a complete kit go. I would be interested.

usmc81301

It will burn basically anything but it is recommended to stick with either gas or diesel. I personally run mine on diesel because it is safer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks