• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 camper conversion

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. & Mrs. mdmorgan:

Yours is an impressive "total" restoration and it should pay off for years to come. It's also wonderful that you're both putting your service training (and our tax dollars) to VERY good personal use.

Please keep us posted (as you already have) on the resurrection of that beautiful beast.

peecook

mdmorgan,
what kind of insulation was in between the walls? just wondering after 40 yrs if its worth replacing. heck of a job you took on, looking forward to seeing more pics.
peecook

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
mdmorgan,
what kind of insulation was in between the walls? just wondering after 40 yrs if its worth replacing. heck of a job you took on, looking forward to seeing more pics.
peecook
Well it had water saturated fiberglass but its long gone to the dump, i'm going to have spray foam insulation put back in to help seal everything up and to help with sound proofing, plus its just a way better insulator than anything out there.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Much needed update. got a lot of pics coming.

Got frame cut, tongue installed, ribs repaired, and a bunch of other little things that needed to be done. We worked mostly at night after we got off work due to the heat, we are almost ready to start drilling up the new sheetmetal, hopefully that will go pretty quick.

Oh and the pics of the wife working are to make you guys jealous!

Well i was going to post pics but i have been waiting for an hour now for them to upload so i'll try again tomorrow.

Attachments

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
what the h3ll??? It never told me the pics were uploaded but when i posted they were there. I wonder how much of my wait was for nothing......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks