• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 camper conversion

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope the closing went as expected and that the birde has been carried across the threshold of the new abode.

May God bless your home and all that dwell there.
May you always be safe and warm within its walls.
And may it be a place where both love and peace take up permanent residence.
Amen.

mdmorganwife

Ok we got it insulated with the DIY spray foam kit. We almost have the bedframe done. We decided to go with a queen. Our shower should be here tomorrow. Hubby is working on getting the leveling system complete. Here is some pics of what it looks like now! It is much easier working on it in the shop out of the weather, :razz:

Attachments

Last edited:

mdmorganwife

The cheapest we could find it was on ebay. But they all were pretty much the same price. We got the kit that would cover 600 board feet. It was enough to do the inside and under the box.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like ya'll be snug as a bug in a rug this year! Might as well post the details on the kit you got (name, manufacturer, search terms, etc.) or you're gonna be answering PM's all day long!

That is really some nice work. I doubt I would have the patience to take that thing down to bare skin and rebuild it.

But I have gotten some good ideas here. Will it be ready in time for the Rally? Still looks like a fair amount of build-out left.

LC

mdmorganwife

Well it might not be completly done by the rally, but close.... The insulation kit was touch N seal spray foam insulation kit.. U2-600. It was $581.24 plus $65 shipping. The shipping is so high because it is Haz mat. They have smaller kits but the 109 called for more. That is why we went ahead and did underneath.

mdmorganwife

Here is what we did this weekend on the camper. :beer:

Attachments

mdmorganwife

Oh yeah, late last night we almost finished the plumbing. To late to get pics, will do tonight. We ran out of pipe. Should have that done and the shower tonight when we get home.

mdmorganwife

That is really some nice work. I doubt I would have the patience to take that thing down to bare skin and rebuild it.

But I have gotten some good ideas here. Will it be ready in time for the Rally? Still looks like a fair amount of build-out left.

LC
Thanks, yeah we will have it at the rally, we had it there last year with bare metal on the outside and an air matress on the floor, and no insulation so we froze our butts off that first night.

zout

You two make me tired just watching the work progress. Very nice work. It is coming together fantastic.

We uses that same spray on the repair of reefer trailers - it takes a few minutes to get use to it.

That will be awesome when its done and the Mrs. will have plenty off wiggle room on the Queen. She can target practise inside and no one will hear it outside.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an idea, a doggie door in the bed base, for the dogs to hide/sleep in!

mdmorganwife

We will be doing something very different to the walls you will have to wait and see. :twisted:.... We have a gray water tank under the box between the frame. For now the fresh water tank will go under the counter right next to the shower.