• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Mobile Man Cave Begins

cookeemann

Finally got the '109 registered and street legal. Now the Man Cave begins.

M109 Camper "The Mobile Man Cave".

Because sometimes (most times) the garage just isn't far ENOUGH away.......

Started with a good inside cleaning, a coat of paint and some 1/4" plywood for the floor (original was in great shape).

Had all the help I could stand there for a while, but it was free labor and they had a blast "painting the Army truck".

Carpet, curtains (digital camo), some bunks, stove, sink and a trailer hitch and we're off!:mrgreen:

Attachments

Troll1216

M109A3 MMC - Mobile Man Cave - catchy..... Good luck with the truck, the interior looks good. Future plans, my brother is drooling over getting a 109 to do a camper conversion.

photos of the exterior please...

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are going to keep the GI lights in the ceiling, I would suggest opening them up and painting inside the reflectors with some high temperature white paint. The metal might be shiny, but the white paint will give you a lot more illumination (or allow lower wattage bulbs).2cents

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh great. Now you got girl cooties all over you man cave!! You can't EVER let a girl in the man cave, especially to paint! Next thing you know they'll be putting doillies & smelly candles everywhere.

cookeemann

The Bad Luck Begins

Well, could've been a good day for posting, but not so much.

Dropped off the '109 for Donaldson muffler install today at lunch. Told the shop to disconnect at the flex pipe and connect the new pipe there, run to muffler and exit between the rear axles.

Went to pick it up, they just torched the relatively new J pipe and welded their crap in. Out back where the exhaust exits, the muffler is laying on the rear axle. I guess that was easier than actually holding it up while welding the brackets. At least it's a LOT quieter. Highly recommend this muffler. I'll put it on my bobber next (at a different shop).

Then went to check on my bobber at another shop along with my CJ-7. Bobber been there nearly two months, CJ-7 almost a month. Sitting outside. Yep, you guessed it, both got ransacked last night. Ripped my console out of the floor on the CJ. Stole my tools and lights. Nothing missing out of the Deuce (including batts and fuel) thankfully. They'll probably be back to get the rest tonight.

Been a really shi**y day for the Cookeemann. Poop happens I guess.......

zout

Our 4 grandsons did not like all the hours of free time I put into the 109 every weekend - every night for about a full year - NON STOP - something was getting done on the trucks.

When we went camping in it the first time - they were speechless on how much attention every kid in the campgound gave each of them and associated them with the ARMY truck camping there. Its the same every place we go with it.

Hang in there - keep them part of the build - give them individually your time while you work on it - and it will pay off for you in the end.

Take a break with them all and take them out to a Dairy Queen for treats. Its time you will never get back.

cookeemann

Well said Zout. Sometimes the heat of the moment blurs the real target down range and it's actual importance.

We went to Wally World the other night and picked out the curtain rods and debated between desert and digital camo for curtains. Wife even came out yesterday to help roll out and glue the linoleum and help figure out the bunks.

Couldn't get anything done for folks walking by and stopping to see...

I can't wait to take the little ones out with the trailer full of four wheelers in tow. It'll be worth it.

Thanks for putting it in perspective. It got me re-motivated!

cookeemann

Muffler

WOW! What a difference! Kids don't need ear plugs anymore and can actually talk in the cab! I'm definitely putting this on my other truck! No question.

Check out that torched "J" pipe. Don't it make you want to just throw up. It was perfect. Not very old and no corrosion issues.....

Check out the welds.....hahahhhahaa. I guess I get to keep that extra piece of welding wire.... :)

And now it dumps in front of the front axle instead of between like I asked....

Should be out of the way though. And it's quiet, which was the point all along.

I just went and picked it up after they closed since they left it out in the street and since my other two got ransacked last night.

I'll call them first thing in the morning to find out what the charge is and if it's not reasonable, I guess it's free......

The "Decepticon" emblem on the air filter inlet didn't work. I guess it didn't turn into a robot and protect itself from J pipe molestation.................I'm just glad it isn't held on by duct tape.........

Attachments