• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Recovered Thanks to: Gimpyrobb and swbradley1

Capriceii

Thanks to the guys! Gimpyrobb and swbradley1 made this recovery possible. Fro!m recovery from WPAFB to prep work for driving her home to on the road phone base technical support! You Guys rock! I there a Steel Solider(s) of the year award? There needs to be:)

Thanks again!

And thanks to every here!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's with the stop at the Fin Feathers Fur store? I bet Gimpy noticed me eating gummy worms at Haspin last year. I hope he didn't buy a bag of Berkley Power Bait worms,to snack on, for the trip....:mrgreen:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Glad to see you made it home safe. I guess I need to find those threads about the transmissions leaking for ya now, huh?

Capriceii

DOGHEAD: My butt was sore:) and My dad have never been there.. Every one up here in NE Ohio said it is a strong running truck, I am reviewing that link now Gimpy. Hehehe I think I am going to have to find me a parking lot full of snow this winter:)

Hey I am looking for a stock Passenger side tail light mounting bracket. Any Ideas guys?

Tomorrow is Tags and checking the electrical system in the Van body.

Good night!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DOGHEAD: My butt was sore:) and My dad have never been there.. Every one up here in NE Ohio said it is a strong running truck, I am reviewing that link now Gimpy. Hehehe I think I am going to have to find me a parking lot full of snow this winter:)

Hey I am looking for a stock Passenger side tail light mounting bracket. Any Ideas guys?

Tomorrow is Tags and checking the electrical system in the Van body.

Good night!
Sorry I was not there Saturday for the recovery but I figured if I left Gimp a key even he could back it out of my barn. I had to visit the grand daughter and I do have my priorities straight.

I wanted to put some bolts in the bumperette for you but didn't find the time before I took off.

Glad you made it home safe and I wish I had video of some of the work being done on the truck to get her road ready for you. Especially of the check ride around the farm with no brakes.

:)

sw

Capriceii

Thanks Guys! Gimpy, I checked the Oil level in the Tranny last night it was way below 1" I added some in to get her home. It is looking like there is a leak in there some where.. I just finished reading that thread. I don't have any clutch slip but she did start chattering yesterday..

Question, think we should just pull and try and find the leak? or should I look for a rebuilt one..

and at that point maybe I need to just do the clutch even though it has been working great.

LOL Let the fun begin:)