• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 Van Box Jump seat Ideas?

peashooter

I've got the ever popular M109 camper conversion going on and have a family of 4. It all has been fun to use and worked great except for the fact that we need to take an extra car anywhere we go when the whole family camps as their is only room for 3 in the cab. The extra car is nice in case of a breakdown but it would be nice to have the option of all fitting in the truck for when the kids get older and the camping gets more remote.

I was thinking of looking into some type of jumpseat that would mount to the front wall of the van box and fold up when not in use.
Anyone done something like this or have any ideas? Something compact and/or foldable is a must.

And yes I realize there a lots of laws that probably vary by state so I'll deal with that when the time comes. For now I'm just looking for ideas and suggestions. Thanks!

Awesome Possum

I've got the ever popular M109 camper conversion going on and have a family of 4. It all has been fun to use and worked great except for the fact that we need to take an extra car anywhere we go when the whole family camps as their is only room for 3 in the cab. The extra car is nice in case of a breakdown but it would be nice to have the option of all fitting in the truck for when the kids get older and the camping gets more remote.

I was thinking of looking into some type of jumpseat that would mount to the front wall of the van box and fold up when not in use.
Anyone done something like this or have any ideas? Something compact and/or foldable is a must.

And yes I realize there a lots of laws that probably vary by state so I'll deal with that when the time comes. For now I'm just looking for ideas and suggestions. Thanks!
I bought one of the removable center seats for a nice p/u truck. I'll set up some blind nuts in the bed, facing backward, install a seatbelt, then sit the Badga back there. I lucked out and bought a nice one for five bucks at a garage sale. Another option is using a minivan seat. I can't remember which vehicle I did this in, bit it worked quit well. If worse comes to worst, get a school bus seat and have the legs added to the other side.