• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1097 p/s issue!!!

joeyaguirre21

m1097 p/s issue. The initial problem is the power steering is hard, even harder when fan clutch switch is connected. P/S pump, hydrobooster, master cylinder, steering box are all new except oil cooler. all pressure and return lines are new except pressure line from pump to hydrobooster. I have by passed oil cooler, fan clutch switch, and hydrobooster. it still doesn't have power steering. I plan on changing the line from pump to hydrobooster because that is the last resort other than that I am stumped and my co workers are as well. please help if you can and yes the fluid is and always is full every single time I T/S.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If in fact you have all the air out of the steering box the adjustment on top of the steering box may set wrong. But I would suspect there is air still in the steering box. These systems have a lot of places for air to get trapped. Did you lift the tires off of the ground and turn the steering wheel back and forth with the engine off a few dozen times? It takes quite a few times of turning it lock to lock for it to burp the air out. Before someone else tells you to look in the TM, there is a procedure in there to bleed it. You have to follow it to a tee for it to work.

kzeyus

Sounds like you replaced a lot of the pieces and hoses. Are you sure all the plumbing is in the right place? Worked on one someone swapped engines in and did the P/s plumbing wrong - no power steering and brakes pulsed when fan should have kicked on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks