• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1097A2 injection timing

Jan Micka

Hi guys, does anyone of you have the specs for the injection timing? I just bought the tach n time meter and want to set the timing on my humvee. Seems to me the timing on my humvee is far advanced even though the marks are aligned. Or if someone has a manual how to do it I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you very much

Jan Micka

Hi guys, does anyone of you have the specs for the injection timing? I just bought the tach n time meter and want to set the timing on my humvee. Seems to me the timing on my humvee is far advanced even though the marks are aligned. Or if someone has a manual how to do it I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you very much
I am located in Europe and info is kinda hard to find. Thank you very much.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I am located in Europe and info is kinda hard to find. Thank you very much.
With NO history, what are the symptoms that makes one "feel" it not right or ?

Guessing here...so free advice.💵
Check the cold advance switch and solenoid circuit for proper operation? Injection pump internals components free and not gummed up?

Manual can be googled and reference here in section 4 D

Lots of other free info too :unsure:(y)(y):rolleyes:

That's all you get for free, CAMO

Last edited:

Jan Micka

Starting the engine in the morning the diesel rattle is to my belief way excesive, it almost hurt the ears especially parked in garage. When it warms up it is better but as I have already bought the tach n time, I just would like to know where I am at. Plus correct timing has an influence on consumption which a good excuse to check it anyway, 1 gallon of diesel is over dollars. Thank you very much for the manual.
Jan

Action

Starting the engine in the morning the diesel rattle is to my belief way excesive, it almost hurt the ears especially parked in garage. When it warms up it is better but as I have already bought the tach n time, I just would like to know where I am at. Plus correct timing has an influence on consumption which a good excuse to check it anyway, 1 gallon of diesel is over dollars. Thank you very much for the manual.
Jan
Is this your first diesel?

Jan Micka

Nope, third humvee plus 6,9 IDI diesel, this humvee is very noisy after start. So the timing should be 4 degrees at 1300rpm what I have read in the manual, of course engine at operating temp.
The Ford Navistar diesel 6,9 IDI is 8 degrees at 2000rpm which makes more sense to me as it is around rpm range the engine operates the most. I have an obsession with US cars, as I like to be different.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My "new" GEP turbo "rattles" considerably more than the old 6.2L
I would also be interested in how to confirm the IP timing

Action

Especially in winter, my 6.5 TD rattles more than usual. Until about a mile down the road.
The cold advance seitch on RH rear block causes a timing change until warm. Doesnt it?

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Other free guess... when checking / setting up TDC... Note clocking position of crank harmonic dampener to timing marks. Might have sheared the key and spun / slipped or??

It's a guess to consider if the TDC to timing marks flag is wack. Normally bent, twisted, etc.

I know...seen that on an alien space craft once, CAMO

Jan Micka

Especially in winter, my 6.5 TD rattles more than usual. Until about a mile down the road.
The cold advance seitch on RH rear block causes a timing change until warm. Doesnt it?
Yes but the 6,2 has the same to my belief. The only thing that could be true my humvee is brand new, so the IP should perform perfect, all the others I have ever driven were higm miles. The design of the Rosamaster injection pump is rather simple and not very long lasting, they were considered wear item like the injectors.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! we don't have winter down here!

papakb

Not much winter down in Cams Mojaveland either! Just lot's of alien spacecraft to study. LOL! Sorry Cam, Hadda do it!! Kurt

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Not much winter down in Cams Mojaveland either! Just lot's of alien spacecraft to study. LOL! Sorry Cam, Hadda do it!! Kurt
WHAT ! Winters can be 15 degrees. Pipes freeze, Humv starts fine with the Camoteksystems controller. Runs for 3 minutes like it's going to throw a rod.
Where's my alien LASER gun for a show down, CAMO

images (2).jpgimages (1).jpg Back at ya. POOF LOL

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes but the 6,2 has the same to my belief. The only thing that could be true my humvee is brand new, so the IP should perform perfect, all the others I have ever driven were higm miles. The design of the Rosamaster injection pump is rather simple and not very long lasting, they were considered wear item like the injectors.
I am not too sure of that, I have two John Deere machines, a 350 dozer and a 310 loader backhoe, both are over 50 years old and I have owned them for over 30 years and both still have the same Roosamaster IPs I bought them with.
The 350 sat for 9 years in a pasture and I went out this week and tossed in a battery and she fired right up, now waiting her turn to get into the shop for a full fluid/filter change and possibly a re-core of the radiator.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait! John Deere is against self repair! You might void the warranty. rofl
That is not the scary part, JD can permanently disable any of the newer tractors remotely by wireless connections through cell phone networks and satellite, their system is said to be full of faulty security measures, how long would it take for us all to starve if someone hacked the "system" and shut down every JD tractor in the world?

EDIT, fortunately nothing I own as far as farm equipment is new enough to worry about, I get a big kick thinking about the TV show Green Acres, the Fordson (re-labeled "Hoyt Clagwell" ) was only 30 years old when that show was taped and I work 50-60+ year old tractors daily, the 1900 Oliver (453 Detroit) I use regularly is 62 years old, weighs about 16,000 lbs and has armstrong steering, simple as can be, why it still runs like new.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks