• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1097R1- Headlights, blinkers, brakelights dont work

HMMWVNEWB

I recently received my M1097R1 from Gov planet that was in immaculate condition. I mean this thing is not missing a thing. The only issue was the canvas cargo carrier was ripped and the soft doors were junk. Other than that a Gem! I have only put two brand new t6 batteries in it and took it around the block. When I got back I I tested all the lights and blinkers and saw that not one works. Even the brake lights when driving are not operable. When messing with the light switch on the left side of steering wheel the dash illuminates and gauges illuminate when selected on the switch but that's it. I will be honest I don't know anything about automotive electrical and just have been reading what little I can regarding the 24v system and everything that goes along with it. I am not really sure what my next steps would be in getting this fixed should I replace the whole switch, or lights entirely or pull it out check the connections etc.? How are these systems wired and what are they wired to? I don't see a fuse box but like I said I am still learning everything about the truck so please forgive me if I sound like an idiot..... this is definitely something new for me. Any insights or comment would be greatly appreciated.

HMMWVNEWB

Ill check it out again. I thought I had them in the correct positions, I am not a complete dummy. Im sure your right though!
Thanks for the insight I appreciate it.