• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A2 Veres M109A3

muddog

Who can tell me difference between the two. Just won a bid on one and like would like to learn a little more on it. Still waiting on GL to approve my EUCs to other trucks. Wife said if I buy another truck, next papers I will be waiting on will be divorce. Mabey this summer I'll be able to buy a trailer or two. By the way I got the A3. Thanks for any info. Muddog

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The M109 and M109A1 were both powered by the OA-331 gasoline engine. When built, the M109A2 was powered by the LDS-427 Multifuel engine. When the LD-465 was introduced to the series, the model number changed to M109A3 - and stayed the same with the introduction of the LDT-465.

Many (virtually all) of the M109A2 trucks have been repowered by the military with 465 engines, blurring the distinctions.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

muddog

Thanks for the info, I'm new to the military trucks and really helps to have folks like ya'll to get answers. Hope to be able to help somebody down the road with something. As soon as I can start retriving my trucks ,will post some pictures. Thanks again Muddog

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least your wife left the door open for trailers. Lots of trailers to be had.

muddog

No She said nothing else. But what good is a M818 without a trailer, Plus three trucks coming needs three trailers. We have a baby coming in July so I have to be careful what I buy. Or I'm out with the dogs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks