• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3, college students, and community

KD0kiq

Im one of his students, and it has been such an amazing learning process on building and learning to use real tools to make and construct things. Pretty much anything we have wanted to try to build he has been willing to help us design and make happen. Also mwmules, good eye on the paint job. I also frequent the site but dont post much, but have learned lots. Thanks to all here and most of all thanks to Magneto.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You guys (and girls) have been part of something not many get a chance to be a part of. Post up if there is anything we could help with. I am not an engineer, so I may be no help, but I'd be glad to help if I could. Glad you shared your experience with us.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im one of his students, and it has been such an amazing learning process on building and learning to use real tools to make and construct things. Pretty much anything we have wanted to try to build he has been willing to help us design and make happen. Also mwmules, good eye on the paint job. I also frequent the site but dont post much, but have learned lots. Thanks to all here and most of all thanks to Magneto.

ANY hobby is validated by the way it fosters the younger generations to grow and learn.

Thank you for speaking up and letting your otherwise quiet presence be known. Thank you also for praising your mentor - that reward will encourage his continuance.

Tha West Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers SALUTES you, your teacher, and your fellow pupils. Good Job [thumbzup]

91W350

I read this thread last night on my phone last night while waiting for the house to settle down. My mother in law is here with her rat terrier mix and the boys have been romping and stomping like a bunch of little puppies. You have done a great job and while some purist may complain, I am all for it. The idea, the use of the odd truck, the camo job is cool, getting the students involved is the best. They look like they were enjoying it as well. That Coronado Castle sure makes for a scenic back stop. Glen

Attachments

ALFA2

What a great way to make a hands on application for a younger unaware generation, they will develop their newly learned skills into other applications later in their life. This is great, thank you for posing this.

ALFA2

halftrack-m-3

Pete,
Good show, great job on the truck, but most importantly, the positive impact you have had on your students, you have changed their lives forever. Money could not buy what you have done for your students. Being a Mentor has big payoffs for everyone involved. Give yourself
a pat on the back for a job well done.
Jim ZIQ

timass1

I too am in the planning stages for my m109a3 conversion, your story and pics are a great inspiration to myself and others on this website. Thank you for going the extra to pass along to the next generation the ability to get thier hands dirty and be part of something. It was also nice to see that there are 10 more new hams in the hobby, so really your lessons taught are twofold. Job well done and we look foward to hearing you on the air. Semper Fi and 73's KB1TIM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks