• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 with fuel problems

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have military surplus secondary filters(with the correct gaskets) for $5 each plus shipping if you decide to buy any spares.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, we do not allow membrs to change their name or start multiple accounts.

I considered giving him an "infraction" ...:3dAngus:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every time I have replaced the spark plugs on our multi-fuel Deuce I have also invested in parts and time to change to brand new ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor, condenser and points.

:doh:rofl:grd:

Number of times I've actually DONE this: ZERO !

I've never found any of those parts on her.

:nothingfunny:

On a more serious note........

That looks like ALGAE SLIME on your clogged filter. How much ALGAE do you have growing in your fuel tank???

I have found that SEA FOAM (available at AutoZone, O'Reilly's, NAPA, etc) works wonders on killing and cleaning up an algae-contamination problem.

Carry on.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the trucks I picked up had a similar filter issue. You will want to check you fuel tank also.
filter.jpgpump.jpgtank1.jpgtank2.jpg

KaiserM109

Something you might want to keep in mind is your deuce will run pretty well on the IP boost if the in-tank pump is dead but ONLY if the fuel lines DO NOT have air in them.

If you open filters up, etc, be prepared to exacerbate the problem by letting air in if the problem is your main fuel pump. Then you have to figure out some way to pressurize your tank (compressed air with a big rag around the inlet, open up the vent, etc) and let the air out at the top of the two filters on the left side rear of the engine.

You might not want to do that on the road if you are running at all.

rustystud

You do need to "Nip this in the bud" now ! Algae is a NASTY thing to have in your fuel system. I would drain my fuel tank and totally clean it out. Remove the fuel pump and clean it good. Also check the rubber fuel line, actually you should just replace it. Just remember that it must be "fuel immersion rated" hose. Then I would run some cleaner like "Sea Foam" through all the fuel lines. Then replace all filters. If left unchecked this crap can ruin your injection pump as there is not enough lubricity in the fuel to lubricate the pump parts. At work we lost thousands of dollars worth of injection pumps due to an Algae out break in a couple of our 20,000 gallon tanks. This was just at one base mind you. At the height of the outbreak we where replacing fuel filters on our busses every day for over a week ! 300 busses with 3 filters costing over $50.00 each replaced every day ! Thankfully it never got to any other base. I shudder to think of 1400 busses with Algae !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks