• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109a4

Z71

I have been thinking about getting one of those trucks, and I would like to find out what kind of road speed are they capable of and what is the fuel economy? I am guessing about 50 MPH top speed? Maybe 6 to 8 MPG?

Does the automatic transmission typically shift smoothly? Is the CTS a source of never ending headaches? How is that Cat engine as far as reliability and longevity? What are some notorious problems with these trucks?

willy

My M35A3
with stock tires 14.5 x 20 top speed is 48 MPH
with 395/85/20 tires you can make about 54 MPH at 2600 RPM very smooth and quit (No noise)
Transmission is running smooth
I just came off the Alcan HWY trip 10,000.00 miles roundtrip no problems with the truck
I removed the CTIS system disconnect all wheels and turned off the module.
I did 12 miles per gallon I did not check how much in liters
No blow outs or other problems
Willy

Z71

Thanks,
I have read all the threads I could find on M35A2 vs M35A3 comparisons. What I was specifically interested in was how does the van body affect the performance and top speed on the M109A4, given the lower top speed of the M35A3. Would the additional aerodynamic drag of the van body reduce the top speed and fuel economy further? I would think only the fuel economy as the engine should have enough power to keep it at around 50 MPH.

sierra117

I don't know how the m109a4 are. But I know my m35a3 with a 10' pickup camper in the bed and I also pull my 1500 chevy behind it and the only thing that it seemed to change was the mileage I went from 12 mpg to 8 mpg did'nt hurt it top speed at all.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks