• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M10A Forklift--Needed Parts

Mark Buller

Hello, Can anyone help me out with getting a Seal kit for my M10A Forklift SideShift cylinder? The TM-24P says the KIT P/N is 339307, but I can find NO such kit or part number listing anywhere. I cannot find even the individual seals and O-Rings (under their listed individual P/N's) contained in this "Kit" This includes any Manual or part listing for the Hyster Made Forkift attachment: Model A100A. Thanks for any assistance.

Guyfang

Staff member
Part #: 339307
NSN: 3040-01-192-1640
Sub Part Numbers: 117317C1
Suppliers to the GOV:
Hyster-Yale
Komatsu
Dressta North Americia INC
Navstar

If you tell me the TM number you are using, I may be able to tell you whats in the kit.

Mark Buller

Part #: 339307
NSN: 3040-01-192-1640
Sub Part Numbers: 117317C1
Suppliers to the GOV:
Hyster-Yale
Komatsu
Dressta North Americia INC
Navstar

If you tell me the TM number you are using, I may be able to tell you whats in the kit.
Hello, Thanks for your response. Iam using an on-line down loaded manual originally from "Liberated Manuals" TM10-3930-643-24P . I'll have a look at the sub part #('s) and the NSN # to see what comes up. I could not even find the complete Hydra. Cylin. as per the P/N listed in this TM ??? This is what this TM is showing for the individual parts in this "Kit".

PARTS KIT,LINEAR AC S/N 2001 AND
ABOVE
RING ( 1) 206-5
SEAL ( 1) 206-7
SEAL ( 1) 206-4
SEAL ( 1) 206-10
SEAL ( 1) 206-12
WIPER ( 1) 206-8
WIRE (V ) 206-14

Thanks for your interest/help! Regards, Mark

Guyfang

Staff member
You are talking about Figure #206, Printed page #'s 206-1, or PDF page #'s 482-483?

Sub part number comes up in the internet. Komatsu.

PAFZZ 30076 339307 PARTS KIT,LINEAR AC S/N 2001 AND
ABOVE
RING ( 1) 206-5
SEAL ( 1) 206-7
SEAL ( 1) 206-4
SEAL ( 1) 206-10
SEAL ( 1) 206-12
WIPER ( 1) 206-8
WIRE (V ) 206-14

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Mark were here in US and not in Poland I would advise him to drop the cylinder at a competent hydraulic cylinder repair shop, they seem to be able to “back into” these seals by using dimensions. Since shipping a huge cylinder is not possible, my suggestion is to continue searching for the kit. These fork lifts are still in service with the Army so someone has this kit available.

Mark Buller

If Mark were here in US and not in Poland I would advise him to drop the cylinder at a competent hydraulic cylinder repair shop, they seem to be able to “back into” these seals by using dimensions. Since shipping a huge cylinder is not possible, my suggestion is to continue searching for the kit. These fork lifts are still in service with the Army so someone has this kit available.
Hello, Yes that would be the most logical solution...Problem over here in Europe is that such "Shops" can usually do the same.... If the cylinder was built to METRIC specs. But this cylinder was probably US INCH based, and trying to match seals and o-rings by size (i.e. their closest metric equivalent does not always work). But you are correct, these forklifts are still used by the U.S. Army, so somebody, somewhere, should have such a kit. Most likely under a new or different P/N. I'll try to cross reference...see if I get anything there. An outfit called PERIPARTS listed a possible kit, I sent them a RFQ (Request for Quote) on the price and availability... I'll see what shows up there. The cylinder is dripping pretty bad, I've got to do something.

Guyfang

Staff member
You all under estimate the Europeans. I know for a fact that there are shops here in Germany that do both metric and US inch based.

That part number is still active in the Supply System. The part numbers still come up in FEDLOG. I asked someone to punch it in, so its still good.

Mark Buller

Can you believe this,..... I just got a price quote from this outfit Periparts for this seal kit !!(5ea. seals,1ea. ring/washer, and 1ea. piece of wire) FOR A WOPPING, UNBELIEVEABLE, ASTRONOMICAL PRICE OF: $1,062 !!!! ARE THESE PEOPLE CRAZY??? For 5 O-Rings and a washer!! For $1000+ do you know how much oil I can let leak out....surely for the next 25 years!!! and I have ZERO work to repair anything!!! These seals can't cost any more than $5-10 Max!! to make...probably realistically we are talking cents to produce!!!! No No this blows my mind! and if our U.S. DOD really pays such TOTALLY ridiculous prices for such...... then no wonder America is $30 Trillion!! in the hole....we are on our best way to the end!!!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you believe this,..... I just got a price quote from this outfit Periparts for this seal kit !!(5ea. seals,1ea. ring/washer, and 1ea. piece of wire) FOR A WOPPING, UNBELIEVEABLE, ASTRONOMICAL PRICE OF: $1,062 !!!! ARE THESE PEOPLE CRAZY??? For 5 O-Rings and a washer!! For $1000+ do you know how much oil I can let leak out....surely for the next 25 years!!! and I have ZERO work to repair anything!!! These seals can't cost any more than $5-10 Max!! to make...probably realistically we are talking cents to produce!!!! No No this blows my mind! and if our U.S. DOD really pays such TOTALLY ridiculous prices for such...... then no wonder America is $30 Trillion!! in the hole....we are on our best way to the end!!!
I bet that's their "we dont want to sell it" price as it may be on back order, non-stock, or simply they don't want to. I have a few M10As and I have to send each cylinder out to a shop when they fail. I've not had much luck with seal kits since Dresser<International Harvester<Komatsu who didn't want these things existing in the first place.

Mark Buller

I bet that's their "we dont want to sell it" price as it may be on back order, non-stock, or simply they don't want to. I have a few M10As and I have to send each cylinder out to a shop when they fail. I've not had much luck with seal kits since Dresser<International Harvester<Komatsu who didn't want these things existing in the first place.
Hey FuzzyT. you said you have (or had) a FEW M10A's... I must be honest and say, my first one,--I now have 3ea. I (auctioned) almost 10 years ago, and this is the FIRST "semi-major" problem I've had with it or any of them ...and the only "real" problem seems to be getting this repair kit. The few parts that I needed before or that were missing, I got with no problem (parking brake shoes & drum and 1ea. engine oil cooler. I've put around 500 hours on this one and around 100 Hrs combined on the other 2. I had them at different locations...so that's why 3ea. But as I said, I've been very satisfied with their service and dependability/reliability...How about yourself? Guyfang wrote that the U.S. Army pays $377 for these Seal Kits ...which is still an exorbitant price..I think something around $30-50 SHOULD be more than enough....but most likely I'll end up trying the same and take it to a (Polish) Hydraulic cylinder repair shop and see if they can get the right (inch?) size seals/o-rings and we'll go from there. For the price I was quoted for the "Kit"-- was what I would expect an entire NEW cylinder to cost. Get back to me with your experience(s) with your M10A's. Do you think Eastern Surplus might have such a kit or be able to lend any help? Thanks, Mark

Mark Buller

Hey FuzzyT. you said you have (or had) a FEW M10A's... I must be honest and say, my first one,--I now have 3ea. I (auctioned) almost 10 years ago, and this is the FIRST "semi-major" problem I've had with it or any of them ...and the only "real" problem seems to be getting this repair kit. The few parts that I needed before or that were missing, I got with no problem (parking brake shoes & drum and 1ea. engine oil cooler. I've put around 500 hours on this one and around 100 Hrs combined on the other 2. I had them at different locations...so that's why 3ea. But as I said, I've been very satisfied with their service and dependability/reliability...How about yourself? Guyfang wrote that the U.S. Army pays $377 for these Seal Kits ...which is still an exorbitant price..I think something around $30-50 SHOULD be more than enough....but most likely I'll end up trying the same and take it to a (Polish) Hydraulic cylinder repair shop and see if they can get the right (inch?) size seals/o-rings and we'll go from there. For the price I was quoted for the "Kit"-- was what I would expect an entire NEW cylinder to cost. Get back to me with your experience(s) with your M10A's. Do you think Eastern Surplus might have such a kit or be able to lend any help? Thanks, Mark
Oh, forgot to ask why you said "they" (Dresser/komatsu/IHC) didn't want these things existing anyway...not sure what you mean??

Guyfang

Staff member
I will try and call several places here in Germany in the morning. I did a lot of work on MHE here the last 3-4 years. Will give them the Komatsu part number and see what happens.

Mark Buller

I will try and call several places here in Germany in the morning. I did a lot of work on MHE here the last 3-4 years. Will give them the Komatsu part number and see what happens.
Hello Guyfang, so you must be "another " Ex-GI like myself that stayed in Europe. After my active duty time with the U.S. Army in Germany...I was in Bad Kreuznach and Wiesbaden....(where were/are you now?) I was working as a civil-contractor employee for U.S. Army Aviation Systems Command.....However due to the eventual base closeures I was once again without a job......so I decided to move to Poland, to a small town between Stettin and Danzig right on the Baltic Sea Coast--Darlowo/(Ex-German territory) then called Rugenwalde. So here I am with all my Ex-U.S. Mil. vehicles and toooo much other stuff.

Guyfang

Staff member
Greetings Mike!

Yeah, that about fits it. I was stationed 10.5 years in Bamberg, 8 years in K-Town and then I retired in 93. I went to German Trade School and became an Electrician. Worked for one big company, did my apprenticeship there. Almost 10 years. They went belly up, so I worked in two little one horse companies. I was at war with the boss from the start at the last place. One day one of my kids was thumbing home from school, and a guy i kinda knew picked him up and brought him home. He asked me if I wanted to work for ITT. And I did for 6 years. Jobs ran out, (Sounds familiar?) and went back to the slave work, in a head hunter company. After a few months they rented me out to a PV company and after a few days, the boss asked me if I wanted to stay. I about trampled him in my haste to sign a contract. I was 60 years old. Worked there till I retired again. Then worked one day a week there, and retired again. Just turned 70. I live in Burgkunstadt. If you like beer, you need to move here.

Mark Buller

Greetings Mike!

Yeah, that about fits it. I was stationed 10.5 years in Bamberg, 8 years in K-Town and then I retired in 93. I went to German Trade School and became an Electrician. Worked for one big company, did my apprenticeship there. Almost 10 years. They went belly up, so I worked in two little one horse companies. I was at war with the boss from the start at the last place. One day one of my kids was thumbing home from school, and a guy i kinda knew picked him up and brought him home. He asked me if I wanted to work for ITT. And I did for 6 years. Jobs ran out, (Sounds familiar?) and went back to the slave work, in a head hunter company. After a few months they rented me out to a PV company and after a few days, the boss asked me if I wanted to stay. I about trampled him in my haste to sign a contract. I was 60 years old. Worked there till I retired again. Then worked one day a week there, and retired again. Just turned 70. I live in Burgkunstadt. If you like beer, you need to move here.
Its Mark..no problem Yes, Burgkunstadt is close to Bamberg. I flew many times over that area on my way to Graf.(Training area) I was a helicopter pilot. Iam now 66 years old (too) and wishing I could retire...but in the Gastronome business, plus with all my MV's that won't be happening anytime soon.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know Eastern would outsource the kits and do the same as any supplier would in this situation.

I've had 5 units, still have two. Problems I've had are mainly brakes and hoses, both obvious wear components. The engines have been solid and they are dependable machines as long as you work at their pace. I wish they were quick disconnect equipped so they could take a bucket without major work. I know injection pump, control valves (hydraulic), and seals are hard to come by. I had a source for good quality surplus tires too but they dried up. I won't part with my pair of machines as I use them to off load dead trucks weekly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks