• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M10A Forklift--Needed Parts

Mark Buller

I know Eastern would outsource the kits and do the same as any supplier would in this situation.

I've had 5 units, still have two. Problems I've had are mainly brakes and hoses, both obvious wear components. The engines have been solid and they are dependable machines as long as you work at their pace. I wish they were quick disconnect equipped so they could take a bucket without major work. I know injection pump, control valves (hydraulic), and seals are hard to come by. I had a source for good quality surplus tires too but they dried up. I won't part with my pair of machines as I use them to off load dead trucks weekly.
OK, Thanks for your input!! I don't plan on separating with mine either... and yes the lack of a quick disconnect for a bucket is too bad....but I guess one can't have everything, at least for the price I got mine for.... I just got to get this oil drip on the sideshirt cylinder fixed!! I appreciate your response. Regards, Mark

Guyfang

Staff member
Update. The three places I called today, were all closed its Easter time, and the folks all sky up for a week or ten days. Might be someone in the store in the morning.

Mark Buller

Update. The three places I called today, were all closed its Easter time, and the folks all sky up for a week or ten days. Might be someone in the store in the morning.
Helllo Guy, Thanks for the update....I've had no further progress on any other leads....Well, I used the forklift today, it's dripping about 10-15 drops of oil per minute when the engine is running and the hydraulic pump has pressurized the system..I fashioned a "drip-pan" for catching the oil out of a cut down .30 Cal. ammo can.....and so I continue to "march". Send me an e-mail to the hotel and I'll get back to you privately. Don't want to clog up the S.S. blog/thread page with non-vehicle personal stuff.

Mark Buller

Hey Guy/fang, any news on the M10A Hydra. Cylin. part kit? I may have found a shop here who says it "should" be no problem to overhaul the cylinder and match the seals and o-rings by size. Well, I probably won't have much of a choice when I consider what the price of a seal "kit" probably will be from the USA... But Iam a little sceptical about a POLISH shop...I suppose we will see. Mark

Guyfang

Staff member
Mark,

I called 4 times today, got the big boss, only because he cam in to put bird seed in the feeders. The whole place is off until Monday. He said he would look first thing after he got in. What kinda price you looking at there?

Mark Buller

Mark,

I called 4 times today, got the big boss, only because he cam in to put bird seed in the feeders. The whole place is off until Monday. He said he would look first thing after he got in. What kinda price you looking at there?
Hi, Don't know. I am sure I'll have to remove the cylinder and take it in for them to have a look and make an estimate.

Guyfang

Staff member
Mark, sorry I let this slip by. There is simply too much going on. The guy I asked today, wanted a company header to look at, and I am but a poor diesel duck. I reminded him I had called before. "Too bad. You worked for the firma Münch, and they were the company. You no longer employed there."

So I am going to call the company Rauh-Hydralic. They used to be are go to firm in Bamberg. Again, sorry.

Guy

Mark Buller

Mark, sorry I let this slip by. There is simply too much going on. The guy I asked today, wanted a company header to look at, and I am but a poor diesel duck. I reminded him I had called before. "Too bad. You worked for the firma Münch, and they were the company. You no longer employed there."

So I am going to call the company Rauh-Hydralic. They used to be are go to firm in Bamberg. Again, sorry.

Guy
Hi Guy, No problem...I know how stuff like this somehow gets pushed back on ALL OUR PRIORITY lists...With the 1st of May approaching quickly...we will be opening the Restaurant in our Hotel...so the forklift drip problem was pushed back on my list as well.....whenever you get any info just pass it on to me...As I said, I'll probably just pull the cylinder out, take it to a Polish repair shop and see what they say.----When I get TIME! Thanks for the update, and please stay in touch. Have a look at our Hotel website (www.zamkowy.pl) and if we are something you might like, just drop me an e-mail at our address on our website....It would surely be nice to sit down with you...talk about old USAEUR history and you can try one of OUR local (Ex-German (Pommern) Beers) that I have specially brewed by a local Micro brewer --who worked for 6 years in Bamberg for both a brewery there as well as for the firma Schultz . The Beer recepie I use is the old original one from the once existing Hansa Brewery from this town in the 1800's---Its awfuly good Beer! even if I say so myself! I invite you to come visit us and taste/see for yourself! Greetings from Pommern (Ex-Rugenwalde) direct on the Baltic Sea coast half way between Stettin and Danzig (with the Polish town name today of Darlowo). PS. It's (NEW) autobahn all the way from your area to about 30km from my front door, if you're driving. So its a realitive stress free drive. Take care, and as I said please stay in touch. Best Regards, Mark

Guyfang

Staff member
I called three Komotsu dealers in the area, and one up far north. The part number will not come up on their computer. I am going to dig a bit farther into this. The place in Bamberg, Rahu, folded up the tents after the Covid deal. Sad. They were a very fine Hyd company.

Never know, may be up that way. In the morning we are going to Berlin for a Joe Bonamassa concert. Spend 2 nights in the Sin City.

Mark Buller

I called three Komotsu dealers in the area, and one up far north. The part number will not come up on their computer. I am going to dig a bit farther into this. The place in Bamberg, Rahu, folded up the tents after the Covid deal. Sad. They were a very fine Hyd company.

Never know, may be up that way. In the morning we are going to Berlin for a Joe Bonamassa concert. Spend 2 nights in the Sin City.
WELL, we are only about 280km's from Berlin ...take A11 North to Stettin (Szczecin), then stay on the S6/E28 towards Gdansk (Danzig). Turn Left on Highway 37, then it's only 15 km's to Darlowo!!! It's NO problem for us for a short notice visit. Should you desire, you are very welcome. Mark & Emilia

Mark Buller

WELL, we are only about 280km's from Berlin ...take A11 North to Stettin (Szczecin), then stay on the S6/E28 towards Gdansk (Danzig). Turn Left on Highway 37, then it's only 15 km's to Darlowo!!! It's NO problem for us for a short notice visit. Should you desire, you are very welcome. Mark & Emilia
Forgot to add that lately I've been working on my T-72 Tank (ARV Version) and my M-578 VTR (also an ARV)... Got to fire them up occasionally....make sure they are "Combat Ready"...maybe you want to go for a "Springtime" ride? This opportunity does'nt come along every day!..Think about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks