• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 and m1102 license plate home made bracket

sgthawk

I was trying to figure out how to mount my license plate on my m1102 trailer without drilling holes into the trailer and keep it out of the way but still viewable. I decided to use a 2 1/2 in receiver tube form northern tools and a 8" of flat stock that I picked up from Home Depot and mig welded them together.

Attachments

joshuak

Great solution Sgthawk, thanks for sharing. I also copied your idea with a few pieces from the scrap pile and added a light. To power the light, I followed Warthog's suggestion here and I got some 14 gauge rubber connectors and a Y splitter to tap into the #21 wire that feeds one of the lights under the tailgate, so the next owner can simply unplug my wires and return to original set up if desired [thumbzup]. Adding an extra connection close to the bracket will allow it to be disconnected easily when needed.

IMG_1272.jpgIMG_1277.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks