• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

[M1101] Front leg support pin

WoundedVet

I might not be searching the web correctly, but I'm trying to find a pin for the M1101's front leg support (the pin that keeps the leg vertical or horizontal).

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have a temporary fix, but it's a commercial pin that is a size too small.

Deano

I took a look at Tractor supply and they have all different shapes and sizes of pins for tractors and implements. I found some that are the same size but have a good sized handle attached to them. Do you have any Farms supply stores around your area? You will need some place more than a home depot or Lowes.

Amer-team

Local tractor supply helped out too. Be sure and put an attachment chain so you keep it, if for some reason it comes out of the hole. Had to do a bit of body work with the 4 pound hammer to the base plate on the leg on one trailer, because it would not clear the frame when rotated unless it was cranked all the way out. if the new pin is too tight, you might run an appropriate size drill bit through it to clean any burrs.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh and btw I was was looking for one too because mine is a pain to get in and out. I am keeping the old one but bought myself a longer one with a handle so its easier to work. Unless you want the trailer to be 100% authentic I would suggest getting pin like I got.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/hitch-pin-5-8-in-dia-x-5-3-4-in-usable-length
One of my pins came with a heavy wire triangle shaped piece to attach the chain to pin. Being able to pull it out with two finger instead of one made a big difference.