• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 LTT trailer jack replacement?

Falstaff

I have an LTT chassis trailer which due to GL's typical careless, rough, forklift handling has a totaled jack. The teeth on the gears are broken, the latch pin is bent and the threaded shaft is seized. These appear to be made by BullDog, but I'm not sure.
I went to a local trailer hitch place but they didn't have anything that would fit.
i called Schutt, but receptionist told me I could email Steve because he was busy, haven't heard back yet. ( I doubt he wants to deal with all these surplus auction buyers wanting little parts when he can sell whole trailers to our idiotic government for 9 grand apiece...

does Schutt ever sell replacement parts?.

crackerjack

Did you ever call Shutt? I have a jack that is in good shape, but one of the shear pins let go under the gear set and when I opened it up to see WHY it was not lifting, found one of the gears had broken teeth as well. I COULD reassemble with the gear set I have, but would be nice to get fresh gears if I am going to the trouble.

I realize this post is old, but felt like my issue was pretty much in line with your original post. Any luck on small pats for the Jack itself? Who made these jacks? I see Curt make a jack that looks like it has the same gear box set up, so may try contacting Curt.

crackerjack

That's probably why the teeth on my jack are sheared. That, or too much weight in the box at some past point. lol. I'll blame it on Xi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks