• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101/M1102 Trailer Body Panels

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly, I'd recommend against this, unless the sales person is ok with it. After seeing what happened in the licensing thread when someone was named, we don't want to get this salesperson in trouble.
The salesman gets paid off sales totals The more the better.
Company knows by the paper trail, etc everything that’s sold and to whom.
If any issue, then salesman wouldn’t have agreed to sell anything.

A DMV person gets paid by the hour.
Whether they see 1 or 100 people a day, the pays the same and you get to enjoy their attitude accordingly.
Maybe EOY bonus, but doubtful.

I personally would ask the person before posting, but as scarce as surplus parts are for these, any source should be explored.

The topic your talking about was unfortunate, but I don’t believe this would be the same.

Definitely Never hurts to ask.

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with Schutt Industries in Wisconsin. They also make (made) the 1101/2 series trailers.
This is a good idea as they have a civy version of the company. While the civy trailer they market doesn’t look the same ... customer service is customer service any way you slice it.

But, honestly, I doubt you will beat the deal you got already, by much ... if at all. They seem to have made quite an effort to get you the part for your trailer that you need at a good price.

If you don’t like the color, there is a very long thread on paint here, search for “Behr paint jobs”. I can attest to the strength of the paint. Have a few trailers and two trucks painted with Behr that have spent two years in the Texas sun with no Ill effects. That stuff works! I painted one of my tan 1101’s green.