• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 Upside down lunette ring

jimqbaum

What's wrong with this picture?

When I got my trailer back from initial pick up I started screwing around with the pentil hitch. Given that I never have used surge brakes or a pentil hitch, I decided to start taking things apart to check out how the **** things work. Well, much to my surprise I realized the pentil receiver ring was installed upside down. What this means is that the emergency brake will not work because of the notch for it's travel is blocked with the pentil in upside down.

Thought I should bring this to the group for consideration when picking up your trailer from Uncle Sam.m1101_120314_3.jpg

Alexsha

That seems odd. As far as ive seen, the lunette ring is always up.

FYI: lunette ring is the loop on the trailer. The pintle hitch/hook is on the truck side.

wvu dodge

What's wrong with this picture?

When I got my trailer back from initial pick up I started screwing around with the pentil hitch. Given that I never have used surge brakes or a pentil hitch, I decided to start taking things apart to check out how the **** things work. Well, much to my surprise I realized the pentil receiver ring was installed upside down. What this means is that the emergency brake will not work because of the notch for it's travel is blocked with the pentil in upside down.

Thought I should bring this to the group for consideration when picking up your trailer from Uncle Sam.View attachment 536139
I don't see anything wrong with this picture.... What's the problem?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...nsiderations&p=1645686&viewfull=1#post1645686

So did you get it flipped back over and hooked up right, or did somebody hack it up and throw away some of the pieces? You'll probably notice an improvement in the braking with the jeep.

jimqbaum

The only tricky part about this re-flipping process is the two spacers that align the shock absorber that is inside the lunette ring assembly. I have not tried putting it back together as yet as I am still waiting on the form 97 tile stuff. Oh and not to mention that it is been in the single digits here in VA.
Not really interested in tinkering with that level of cold. Call me softy!