• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 "bouncing" issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

12vman

Had my fair share of M1101/2 s and A1/2s and hv never had this issue.

I noticed on pickup that the 1102 seemed to bounce at speeds btw 40-60

no problem I said....the TP is probably set at 17 and ill just air up to 30-35 to stop the bouncing like I hv done on all my other runflat trailers

heres the issue......they were already at 35-40 psi......now what?

hubs are cool.. tongue angle is a little low..needs to be raised 3-4 inches......but I hv pulled many other 1101/2 w/ the same hitch setup and didn't hv this problem

the other thing is that this was the first trailer that I left the tarp on so far.......could the bigger tarp be causing a bouncing sensation at those speeds?

thanks

BTW this is probably the nicest 1102 I hv ever owned.... paint body tires electrical tarp etc......Id like to keep it..its perfect

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a flat spotted tire . Happens when they sit for a long time in one spot .

86m1028

Try putting max psi in the tires & pull it at highway speeds long enough to heat up the tires & see if that helps.
I had the same issue with an m1102, it worked for me.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome back. The rules may have changed some since you joined and I suggest you reacquaint yourself with said rules.

In your original post you used btw as between and by the way.
And OMG don't get BH for people wanting to understand what you are saying.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read! Note: this is a RULE, and is enforceable.

PS - I'd guess flat spot on the tires or not balanced correctly.

12vman

Welcome back. The rules may have changed some since you joined and I suggest you reacquaint yourself with said rules.

In your original post you used btw as between and by the way.
And OMG don't get BH for people wanting to understand what you are saying.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read! Note: this is a RULE, and is enforceable.

PS - I'd guess flat spot on the tires or not balanced correctly.
No butt hurt here.......I didn't think my post was that confusing for folks but I guess rules are rules

I just didn't think my post was anything like my 13 y/o daughters text talk but I guess it could confuse some on these boards

Given the nature of this board I would of thought that there would of been more manly worries but if posts get confusing due to shorthand that certainly needs to take center stage

Is there a list of acceptable shorthand and non acceptable text talk so I wont make the same mistake?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MV for military vehicle
HMMWV for over priced military vehicles

IMHO
YMMV

That's my thoughts as long as it isn't texting like a kid on a sugar rush.

TTFN

(Last on was a joke, that's a joke I say.)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back to the bounce issue, lower tire pressure to reduce bounce, 35 psi is way to high, try 15-17 psi if the trailer is empty.

12vman

Back to the bounce issue, lower tire pressure to reduce bounce, 35 psi is way to high, try 15-17 psi if the trailer is empty.
That's what Ill do first........had a military patient in the other day that used to work on military trailers tell me the same thing...thanks

Last edited:

12vman

No , but it just amazes that almost on a daily basis members just thumb their noses at the moderators for politely asking the members to follow the rules they agreed to .
I did no such thing sir as "thumbing my nose". I did not use any shorthand as asked and went back and put in a capital.....If you have any other problems then you will have to start hammering other posters too as I can find grammar/punctuation errors in other posts in this same thread

How dare you try to set up confrontation between me and a mod

Getting banned for not using a capital?

Is that what you want?

Good luck attracting younger members with this great attitude

I wondered why SS didn't have Tapatalk.

That would throw most of you guys for a tizzy.

But hey...keep the dinosaur ways for the old guys and see where this great hobby and site is in 10 years

Last edited:

MtnSnow

FYI, SS does have Tapatalk enabled as I use it quite a bit.

As for abbreviations I personally see no problem with the commonly used ones such as FYI = For Your Information being used and the like as I would bet that 80% or better of people who use the internet know them as well....but if Mods and the owner of the site do not want to allow abbreviation period then I do think they will drive people away.

Just my 2 cents

12vman

FYI, SS does have Tapatalk enabled as I use it quite a bit.

As for abbreviations I personally see no problem with the commonly used ones such as FYI = For Your Information being used and the like as I would bet that 80% or better of people who use the internet know them as well....but if Mods and the owner of the site do not want to allow abbreviation period then I do think they will drive people away.

Just my 2 cents

Thank you for alerting me to that. Last time I checked there was no Tapatalk and I rarely see any posts made through Tapatalk in these threads

In fact I just tried to connect and SS doesn't show up on the TT search again

Its funny....Im a member of many other sites and forums and have been for years and the only other forum that complains about grammar as much as this site is a womens recipe forum.......that speaks volumes

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would take a lot more than that to get me into a fight over grammar or spelling problems. ;-)

At least you have a direction for the trailer. Hopefully airing them down will work. I never noticed anything on my 101s.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok folks, let's focus on the issues not the grammar here.

I have a 1102 myself that bounced all over the place. I had about 30psi in it when I towed it home. Dropped it down to 15psi and it rode much better. I'd reduce pressure first to see what happens. Then move on to flat spots/shocks/exc.

12vman

Ok folks, let's focus on the issues not the grammar here.

I have a 1102 myself that bounced all over the place. I had about 30psi in it when I towed it home. Dropped it down to 15psi and it rode much better. I'd reduce pressure first to see what happens. Then move on to flat spots/shocks/exc.
Thanks for the info and thank you for the sanity

I'm going to try that thurs

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From over inflated trailer tires to lemon tarts...I love this site. Bon appe'tit.

Its funny....Im a member of many other sites and forums and have been for years and the only other forum that complains about grammar as much as this site is a womens recipe forum.......that speaks volumes[/QUOTE]

86m1028

Its funny....Im a member of many other sites and forums and have been for years and the only other forum that complains about grammar as much as this site is a womens recipe forum.......that speaks volumes
Thanks 12vman, you just gave me my new singnature line !!

Last edited:

12vman

Thanks 12vman, you just gave me my new singnature line !!
Im telling you that they have some great pot roast recipes...Im just calling a spade a spade here

I think I was looking for a new rib recipe at the time though

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No more stirring the pot(roast)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks