• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1102 Brakes I might have a problem

MESHL57492

I just Successfully Recovered a m1102 trailer out of fort drum today and drive it over 250 miles back home. My question is the surge brakes didn't seem to be working. I tapped my truck's brakes pretty hard a couple of times on the ride home but the trailer wheels didn't lock up. When I was getting the trailer ready for the road I tried to move the brake actuator but it didn't seem like it had much give. Maybe the braks need replaced or bled. I never messed with brakes before. I found 2 MWO tags on the trailer, too dark to see what they are right now. I did take a look at the brake fuild it looked orange in color. FYI don't use a harbor freight Compact Air Compressor item#4077 to fill a 37in run flat tire that has 2psi in the tire took one hour and became very hot almost burned my fingers picking it up after it filled the tire.

LMT19

I got my M1102 out Meade for 50 miles home. I found axles hot and smell bad. I think it was due to brake lock even hand brakes release in right position. I also guess it should be wire hookup so to release electrical brake off. Right

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I got my M1102 out Meade for 50 miles home. I found axles hot and smell bad. I think it was due to brake lock even hand brakes release in right position. I also guess it should be wire hookup so to release electrical brake off. Right
No electrical brakes on these trailers, check the above listed manuals in post #2

Also MESHL57492 if your brake fluid is orange could be rusted water, or you surge could be pinned out.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks