• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 license plate mounting solution.

NuclearPuppy238

I didn’t want to drill any holes to mount the license plate, so I wanted figured out an alternative method. Instead of finding a welder, metal stock to fabricate something, I cut up the top half of a scrapped rear leg support, and mounted an inexpensive license plate holder to it with self-tapping screws. The whole assembly was painted with primer, then flat black prior to mounting the plate and hooking up the wiring.

The lamp power was tapped from the center / left marker light using a pre-fabricated adapter from a well-known source. Wires were shielded with ribbed plastic tubing, and zip tied to the trailer in a few places. Scrapped bicycles inner tubes were used where the wiring was mounted to the trailer for added “rub resistance”.

The license plate assembly can be mounted to the rear leg mount with an appropriately sized bolt using washers, lock washers, and a locking bolt.

To use both leg supports when required, the whole assembly can be unbolted and left to hang on the tie down hitch on the trailer side, and on the welded metal loop on the plate assembly side. I am currently using zip ties to relieve the stress on the wiring, and will later find a better solution with chain or stainless steel cable with crimp fasteners.

See pics below of the finished install.

Plate-1.jpg Plate-2.jpg Plate-3.jpg Plate-4.jpg Plate-5.jpg Plate-6.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks