• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 marker light mysteries

djglover7

All,

I have read some associated postings but I seem to have a different type of marker light and two have failed.

The failing lights are the front lower amber and they have 5 LEDs.

If the power source (currently running on 12v) is common, what is the most likely issue?

If the LEDs are bad, what are the replacement options?

Thanks in advance

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The whole assembly is replaced. Individual leds are not field replaceable. Not uncommon to see multiple leds go out in one fixture as they go bad. Grote and truck lite make those marker lights and the same as the HMMWV's with the round led lights. To be safe clean and check the ground at the same time.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see the picture now. Those are a different style i think made by Aurora. Still not field replaceable just the led. Might have to look around the surplus vendors to find a match.

BTW, almost all marker lights for the military for maybe the last 40's years or so use the same pattern. Old ones were just a plain bulb then they evolved to LED with multiple manufacteurs & styles so just don't search M1101 trailer as they are military "universal".

Truck lite and grote that are round are omni volt 12-24. Not sure those that I suspect are made by Aurora are omni volt.; probably 24v.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks