• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Parts source

Mike Bellis

I just bought a 2010 M1102 chassis from gov planet for $500. It's basically brand new with no signs of use. Tires date coded 2010 and still have the left over mold pull "vent spews".

Any way... I'm looking for a source or direction to find fenders for this thing. I see they made a flat bed version of this trailer.

Where is the best place to find parts?

Thanks, Mike
trailer.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any good trailer place will have fenders of all sizes and shapes.
Dexter and Redline are just two of many trailer part/Axle manufacturers that supply the government with parts.
See if the TM lists the fenders separate
Use the NSN number on parttarget.com and that will tell you who makes them and their part number.
Then search for that.

Also look for someone scrapping a M1101.
I have read several threads here where the owners removed the fenders to make room for a project modification.

You will discover that with the thousands of these trailers built, spare parts are scarce.
Same issue with the M101A2/3's

DeadParrot

In case you didn't know, much of the M1101/2 is Aluminum so any plans of welding fenders or other stuff to your trailer need to account for that. Also note that the brake system normally came with DOT 5 fluid which will not play well with the DOT 3 used in most civilian vehicles.

Mike Bellis

Thanks for the replies! I reached out to Schutt, the MFG and they sell parts. I'm going with the flatdeck fenders $585. They also will sell the deck plates to another $900 but this is just aluminum sheeting I can get locally.

BTW... I did not need the SR97 to register it in CA. I provided DMV with the invoice and release paper. After an hour in DMV and a VIN verification, I have a plate and a new title coming in the mail. It only cost me $40 to register it.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great!!
Glad to hear it.

I wanted one of those bare trailers, but they were too far away.

Mike Bellis

That's what I told myself about the auction in Camp Pendleton. 9 hour drive each way. This one was outside Reno and only a 4 hour drive each way. In fact, I dropped into DMV without an appointment and was out of there in an hour. May not seem like a big deal to some of you but this is California. The land of 40 million cars. Most DMV visits are 3 hours or more.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYSA, the reason for a lack of spares is: Much of the TM basically said "replace box" if there were issues. not a lot of repair ability in these.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks