• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Recovery From Atlanta

FloridaAKM

I picked up a M1102 trailer from Atlanta today on a 650 mile recovery trip from Florida. Trailer was primo, as was the tarp. No dents or damage anywhere.

Removed the tarp, left the center plates & checked the wheels for binding. Wheels were fine, even after several checks @ 10...25...75 & 100 miles. The center plates came loose somewhere on the interstate (lost those screws) & lucky for me, the loose plate dropped into the bed; not thru someones windshield. The rest of the center plates were removed & the bows were tied down for the remainder of the trip.

A good trip with no real problems is rewarding to say the least, makes the next one planable!

FloridaAKM

Had abit of spare time today, so I replaced the center plates on top of the hoops & used larger SS self tapping screws to hold everything together a bit tighter. Since the new screws were hex headed, five layers of duct tape protected the vinyl cover from the rounded 5/16" hex heads. The original tiny phillips headed screws w/ washers, seemed to be too flimsy to me, especially since they let go on the interstate, never to be seen again!