• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Recovery From Atlanta

FloridaAKM

I picked up a M1102 trailer from Atlanta today on a 650 mile recovery trip from Florida. Trailer was primo, as was the tarp. No dents or damage anywhere.

Removed the tarp, left the center plates & checked the wheels for binding. Wheels were fine, even after several checks @ 10...25...75 & 100 miles. The center plates came loose somewhere on the interstate (lost those screws) & lucky for me, the loose plate dropped into the bed; not thru someones windshield. The rest of the center plates were removed & the bows were tied down for the remainder of the trip.

A good trip with no real problems is rewarding to say the least, makes the next one planable!

FloridaAKM

Had abit of spare time today, so I replaced the center plates on top of the hoops & used larger SS self tapping screws to hold everything together a bit tighter. Since the new screws were hex headed, five layers of duct tape protected the vinyl cover from the rounded 5/16" hex heads. The original tiny phillips headed screws w/ washers, seemed to be too flimsy to me, especially since they let go on the interstate, never to be seen again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks