• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 spare tire search

NuclearPuppy238

After some searching around, it looks like trying to find a matching H1 wheel and tire close by is turning into a bust if I want to go camping in a few months with it. I have decided to buy new tires and wheels for the trailer and use what it came with as spares. This might be a “safer” solution anyway.

I found that a “popular online tire store” only lets you search a wheel by vehicle type and of course they have nothing for a real H1.

What I did find was this wheel (see details below), but it has a 0mm offset with a slightly less load rating than the stock wheel. I also think the tire will stick out 2” further than what is already on the trailer. These differences might be acceptable.

Wheel info:

Black Rock Type 8 Series 997
Part# 997798050
Rim Size: 17x9
Bolt Pattern: 8x6.5
Offset: 0 mm
Rear spacing: 5 in
Center Bore: 5.150 in
Load rating: 3650 lbs

Question:
Is there a better wheel with a positive 2” offset that people have found to be useful for this application?

harleyhouse

Any older 8 bolt Chevy, Dodge, GMC, or Ford wheel with a 8 on 6.5 pattern will work. and tuck inside the tub.
Newer super duty and 2011 and up GM are metric and will not fit.
Local recyclers or craigslist should give you good results as will Summit Racing.

Attachments

red

There are surplus tire dealers with humvee wheels/tires in just about every state. 100dollarman is in Cali and has them listed on his site

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This from an earlier post:
I put 16" trailer rims and trailer tires for pulling behind a 3500 Ram.
Leveled out fine, and tires are available anywhere.,
If using it with the Hmmwv, then swap out the tire/wheels.
Trailer rims have a big center hole to fit the trailer hub.
Cucv wheels dont fit due to center hole to small.
m1102b.jpg
m1102a.jpg

NuclearPuppy238

Any older 8 bolt Chevy, Dodge, GMC, or Ford wheel with a 8 on 6.5 pattern will work. and tuck inside the tub.
Newer super duty and 2011 and up GM are metric and will not fit.
Local recyclers or craigslist should give you good results as will Summit Racing.

Even if I want to put on a 37" x 12.5 x 17" tire?

-Stephen N.

NuclearPuppy238

I finally decided on a pair of new wheels and tires for camping.
They do stick out a little bit, but no worse than the fronts on my K2500 Suburban.
After a little paint, they look pretty good. Pics attached below.

I also found one issue others might have known or not. Do not use blue loctite on the threads for the screws that hold in the LED markers. The chemical will crack the plastic FAST. Little epoxy fixed them for now, but if I ever need to change them out, will have to replace with the whole assembly.

IMG_1896.jpg IMG_1925.jpgIMG_1924.jpgIMG_1923.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks