• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Spare

djglover7

All,

My M1102 is NOT running the stock issue HMMWV wheels.

I have added adapters to run the GM 8x180 (?) wheels to match my 2016 Silverado.

Question: Has anyone mounted a spare under the M1102?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Jeepadict

I plan on doing that to both of my 101/116 trailers. Like you, I'm running the same wheel/tire that matches both my Suburban and K25, so it seems natural to me to use the same spare hoist as the GM trucks/SUVs. Unsure of what the mounting will look like other than being forward of the axle, since it's pretty far down on my to-do list. I've seen some mount a spare vertically on the front bulkhead with the tire resting in the valley of the tongue, but I mounted a generator accessory box there instead.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

djglover7

Trailer tongue is occupied with fuel cans and propane tanks.

I am considering behind the axle. Easier access.

Are you looking at the cradle that lifts/pivots the entire wheel or the crank type?

Keep me posted.

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd also go with behind the axle, both for convenience & the M1101/2 don't usually need any help getting more tongue weight with the axle so far back. If I'm putting an extra 60ish pounds on it, I'd like it behind the axle, thanks.

Dorman started making some spare winch applications, or you could go junkyard (which would also give you easy access to the little cradle members that the tire rests in)

djglover7

Took a different approach.

The wheels are 245/75-17 (GM rims) and the spares (2) fit perfectly in front of the wheel wells, upright.

I attached a 1/2-13 rivet nut to each trailer wall and secured the wheels with all-thread and wood blocks.

Does it add weight to the front? Yes.

Does keep the wheels readily accessible? Yes

Are the wheels snug? Yes

Does it deter theft? Maybe. They would need time and access to the threaded rods.

Pics pending...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've considered using a spare tire winch off of a deuce to mount the spare under my M149a2 .
It seems one could be used to mount a spare under a M1102 without much work .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks