• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 tagged and on the road

ghostcrab

My first trailer is on the highway :driver:!.Spent 1.5 hrs. at the local DMV and after a lotta back and forth ( I'm not gonna approve it..take it to Mikey he'll sign anything ..) they figured out how to assign Silvereagle serial # as the new VIN and bam ..I'm plated and on the road.I did provide them with a nice photo paper print of the data plate to go along with the numbers matching GL bill of sale Removed the amazing HMMWV tires and replaced with a less "hoppy":jumpin: 235/75/R16 that was being discontinued at Pep Boys ( they had three left ! ) so I have a new spare to boot. Found a guy 15 miles away that was selling three 8 bolt Ford rims for 10 bucks each (best deal of my life ! other than the little woman..) in great condition.

Made a civy wiring harness 8' long and soldiered on the mil. bullet connectors followed by heat shrink tubing so it plugged right into the existing bullets under the bed.Changed out the rear brake/turn with LED to keep the "phoneacators" from rear ending me... All the marker /running leds work great. Fabricated a pin release tag bracket similar to ones I have seen here with a top plate for future light mounting.

Primed and painted ( yep I'm goin "green") the bracket,now I'm searching for a source for the rustoleum camo in a gallon size so I can shoot it thru my 2.2 gal pressure pot.

I gotta say thanks to all the Steel Soldiers that have made this site such a great source of info and fun !! Hope to make it to the GA. rally and meet some in person and see those great rides too.

Attachments

ghostcrab

I sliced off the top section of a spare landing leg to make it a quick bracket build. In process of designing a one piece pin release multi use rack & roll cage to fit the entire trailer perimeter.My buddy has a fab shop with all the metal toys...
Something along these lines that I'll remove with 4-6 pins and hang on the side wall of the shop when not in use.trailerideas.jpg

FloridaAKM

The license plate idea is great, I'll give it a try.

You have as many M1101/2's in your yard as I do, do your neighbors give you any grief over looking like an army base parking lot?

ghostcrab

So many projects have been thru little beach lot that the neighbors are more curious than crabby, all the wives luv me ( cuz I got tools !) and all the hub's come by to help tinker with stuff their wives won't let them have. Best of both worlds and theres always a frosty beverage after the work is done.... Great Wife = Great Life !!!

ghostcrab

Yep its not a bad life at all, She's coming home on the 18th. After 8 weeks in Alaska working in the National Park ( Denali).....she's ready for my flawless grilled porterhouse with sautead portobello mushrooms a few glasses of vintage Malbec reserve. Then I'm gonna tell her I bought 16 trailers while she was away !!.