• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1102 trailer mods

sgthawk

New 8ft , 7 way plug and terminal box was installed underneath the trailer same locaion where original splice location is at. . I really like this setup, very clean and functional. The terminal box will also allow me to add future connections with no issues.

20160807_205430.jpg

20160808_204517.jpg

20160809_202333.jpg

20160809_200354.jpg

20160809_200413.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

That is a very cool set-up.

Did you know that you can run a refrigerator off propane also?

I only know that because a buddy of mine had a place in West Virginia sitting on top of a natural gas reserve, and he used to fire EVERYTHING off that tap. Talk about living off-the-grid.
I wish you didnt tell me that. Now im going to have to go look it up and add it to the build list.

You are going to hate me:

Another Ahab

That is a very cool set-up.

Did you know that you can run a refrigerator off propane also?

I only know that because a buddy of mine had a place in West Virginia sitting on top of a natural gas reserve, and he used to fire EVERYTHING off that tap. Talk about living off-the-grid.
I wish you didnt tell me that. Now im going to have to go look it up and add it to the build list.

You are going to really hate me:

sgthawk

New mods. Added 2nd set of rear lights. Added lights inside the trailer. Adding a battery box up front with multiple switches for aux equipment. I will eventually have solar maybe next year. Added rubber matts inside of trailer to protect air matress. I also swapped out the 24v turn and driving lights to LED light bulbs

Screenshot_20160913-224611.jpg

20160912_191532.jpg
20160910_212608.jpg
20160910_134810.jpg

20160913_221612.jpg

Screenshot_20160913-223954.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

rustystud

new mods. Added 2nd set of rear lights, added lights inside te trailer, adding a battery box up front with multiple switches for aux equipment. Added rubber matts onside of trailer to protect air matress. I also swapped out the 24v turn and deiving lights to LED light bulbs

View attachment 643870

View attachment 643879
View attachment 643872
View attachment 643874

View attachment 643877

View attachment 643880

How do the LED lights compare to the stock bulbs ? Also what kind of service life do they have ?

sgthawk

How do the LED lights compare to the stock bulbs ? Also what kind of service life do they have ?
So far I have only recieved, installed and tested the turn lights. The lights are very bright compaired to the old bulbs. As the old saying goes always we prepared so I ordered a second set that Ill keep for spares in the trailer in a tool kit. I have no knowledge of how long they will work but Ill provide an update later this fall when I hope I take the trailer out for its maiden voyage.

sgthawk

This has been a long 2 year project and I am eager on getting it out this year for our first camping trip. Project was delayed last year do to the trailer was put away when we were moving.

sgthawk

I finally completed the Battery box. The breaker panel now provides power to two rear back up lights, two blower fans, blue tooth radio with weather alert, and two in cab lights. The panel also has a cigarette lighter, dual USB port and a second 12v port for auxiliary devices.

Last edited:

sgthawk

Updated pictures with rooftop tent Installation and how I used my receiver jack to lift the RTT on top of the trailer.
20161030_133504.jpg
20161029_161300.jpg

Last edited:

sgthawk

Due to shoulder surgery I had to put the trailer away this spring. Now that I am a little more mobile and capable of working on the trailer I'll be adding a few more mods.

1. I like the all tan look of the trailer but its missing something - Oh yes an American Army Star on both sides in black.
2. Solar panel up on top with tilt adjustable bracket.
3. 1500W inverter with remote on/off button
4. Propane water tank, Hoffman 24" x 16" x 6" industrial control panel with key to secure it in, water pump, water lines and 20 gal tank. Inlet and outlet stainless steels ports just not sure where to install them yet.
5. Purchased foldable kitchen table with sink and installed quick disconnects to hook up water line.
6. AMP Meter to check current load draw.
7. Wire up cigaret port inside trailer with USB port. I will be using this port to provide port to a 12VDC TF 51 AC/DC - Portable Fridge/Freezer.
if anyone is looking for a fridge contact the guys over at truckfridge. If you order the FT51 fridge use coupon code "Toyota" and pay $449.00 shipped with not tax.

Last edited:

sgthawk

New info on trailer status. work to be performed next week i hope.

1. I like the all tan look of the trailer but its missing something - Oh yes an American Army Star on both sides in black.
2. Solar panel up on top with tilt adjustable bracket.
3. 1500W inverter with remote on/off button
4. Propane water tank, Hoffman 24" x 16" x 6" industrial control panel with key to secure it in, water pump, water lines and 20 gal tank. Inlet and outlet stainless steels ports just not sure where to install them yet.
5. Purchased foldable kitchen table with sink and installed quick disconnects to hook up water line.
6. AMP Meter to check current load draw.
7. Wire up cigaret port inside trailer with USB port. I will be using this port to provide port to a 12VDC TF 51 AC/DC - Portable Fridge/Freezer.
if anyone is looking for a fridge contact the guys over at truckfridge. If you order the FT51 fridge use coupon code "Toyota" and pay $449.00 shipped with not tax.

sgthawk

Made some progess today. I was able to get the hot water installed, and figured out where the solar panel and entry port will go. I just need to run the wiring and secure to the roof.
20170528_195945.jpg

20170528_190802.jpg

20170528_165938.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks