• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Trailer Surging

3dAngus

Yes.

Disconnect the trailer, and see how easy/difficult to push in the pintle hitch and pull back out. If it is sloppy and easy, you need a new shock, and might even need a new master cylinder for the brakes. See if the cup is dry.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds correct, the shock. Dell do you know if it uses the same as the 101A2?

I got one to give back to Gimpy (he let me have one of his for mine) at a place in Indy that had them cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

3dAngus

M1101/1102 NSN is 3040013496927 , damper inertia

M101A2 NSN is 2510010507136, shock absorber, formerly NSN 2540-01-050-7136

Will they interchange? Dunno. I can't see any part of it on a M1101. It's completely buried in metal protective sheathing.

VQ-1

Does anyone has a surge brake master for sale or know where I might find one?
or is there a civi replacement part that might be a good substitute?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks