• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 - Wiring Problems

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try this, I may of screwed up my wiring info in the Civy to Mil thread:

22-460 Right Turn Black with red tracer
22-461 Left Turn Red with white tracer
21 Marker Lites Red
90 Ground Black with red and white tracers

Report back. I bet this will fix it.

Last edited:

3dAngus

Or, just do this.
1. No changing out of light bulbs.
2. No headache with wiring issues
3. Instant hookup whether by deuce or civilian tow
4. Bright and modern led lighting
5. Inexpensive
Remove the two reflectors on both sides.
Drill three holes, two for mounting screws, one for wiring
Install light, run wires through
Run harness and tie it down
Hook up wires.
Put grommet in third hole or fill with RTV to prevent wire abrasion.
Done!
About a 30 minute install.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or, just do this.
1. No changing out of light bulbs.
2. No headache with wiring issues
3. Instant hookup whether by deuce or civilian tow
4. Bright and modern led lighting
5. Inexpensive
Remove the two reflectors on both sides.
Drill three holes, two for mounting screws, one for wiring
Install light, run wires through
Run harness and tie it down
Hook up wires.
Put grommet in third hole or fill with RTV to prevent wire abrasion.
Done!
About a 30 minute install.
Many states require ALL LIGHTS to work , if they are mounted they have to work .

3dAngus

Then whats the purpose of magnetic lights, sold in every state in the nation through Harbor Freight or Northern Tool. Seems it would be illegal to sell them in those states as they are merely temporary with temp hookups. Not making an argument, I believe you, just think it is a bit insane for any state to ticket one who has a perfectly good set of lights on a trailer.

In my case, I'm safe, Georgia has some sanity left, and all lights work, they're just not all going to be hooked up at once.

Here's a digest of trailer lighting by state. It may not be complete which would support Porky's statement, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.
What is interesting about this is some trailers, in some states, don't need lights at all. Others, only need two, some one, and some need a license plate light with side markers. All states are different and some states differentiate requirements by weight with 3000 pounds or more being a critical point for requirements. Check your state for cursory requirements, but look further for finer detail in your own state requirements through your DMV.

http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/trailer-lighting/

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will get his trailer lights all figured out this week. Seems there are a few minor harness connections that need some TLC and then we can attack the "what wire does what" to get his new civy 7 wire plug going.

mac3497

I just got an 1102 and am going to buy the adapter (24v to civy 4 pin adapter on eBay). I know I need to change the bulbs out after the harness to make it work. Does anyone know the bulb numbers that I need? I will be running this behind a Chevy 1500. Also where can I get the bulbs...Autozone etc?

Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks