• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 with S250 (M11S250) Shelter Expedition Camper Project Start

Overdrive

Nothing exciting to report... Been working on my LMTV and just returned from a camping expedition back in Arizona with my commando Hydro Repair Trailer.

Found a crazy small air conditioner I am going to use on the S250 and working on water system soon.

OD

Overdrive

Ok have some time to give the build much needed attention. Three items on the menu.

1. Adapt a sink and faucet using one of the original radio racks as a prototype to try and keep the style of the commo shelter. Will post pics tomorrow of how this is looking and showing the concept.

2. Devise a mounting system for the shelter to trailer that doesn't use cable tie downs on the upper lifting eyes. Being aware that the shelter skids are a shock absorber type of configuration and not ridged. This will take some time and trial and error to figure out.

3. Permanently mount the Climate Rite AC unit in a way that doesn't stick out from either end of the shelter. I have an idea for this that I want to test fit before posting pics and design. Tested the AC just thru one of the shelter vent side doors and it should be adequate to cool the shelter. Little AC is only 2500 BTUs and draws 450 watts so 1000w gen should work perfectly. The AC was designed for a dog house, believe it or not, and uses two 3" hoses for supply and return.

Also got some rubber material to replace the weatherstrip flaps on all the hatches.

Going to flip the hitch ring tomorrow and hitch it up to the LMTV.

OD

Last edited:

Overdrive

I have been away from the forums for a while... Working on my HSTRU since last September to get it ready for this year's cross country trek to AZ for Overland Expo and camping. I haven't touched the S250 or trailer other than to grab a new tongue jack. Will get back to the project in the summer.

Just using the ClimateRight A/C sitting on the side of the bed with a shelf and hoses going into one of the original AC port flap thingies I verified that it will cool and heat the shelter no problems at all. I was trying to figure out a way to slide the shelter part way out of the 1102 bed to work on my hidden AC idea but it doesn't slide easily :)

OD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks